Old 03-22-2008, 04:32 PM
"udutronik Tronik"

Default problems with Dell wireless 1395

Hello,

I've bought a Dell inspiron 1420 laptop and i am having a hard time configuring the wireless in Linux.

The wireless card is a Dell Wireless 1395
Lspci output views it as a broadcom 4310

I've tried to install driver ndiswrapper with various versions of XP drivers (bcmwl5.inf) with no success.

Doing a "ndiswrapper -l" outputs : "bcmwl5 installed". But no reference to the device.

Next step, i figure, is fiddling with B43-fwcutter.
Problem is this card is never listed on compatibility (dell 1390 is, broadcom 4309 and 4311 are...)

Anybody has succeded in configuring this hardware?