-   -   Unable to Install Fedora 15 on Dell Inspiron 17R2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/595464-unable-install-fedora-15-dell-inspiron-17r2.html)

Rajesh 11-07-2011 12:45 PM

Unable to Install Fedora 15 on Dell Inspiron 17R2

Hi All,
I tried to install Fedora 15 on Dell Inspiron 17R2 Laptop(Intel 64Bit i7 2630QM Quadracore)
Installation started, after selecting install it remained for ever with message:
"Waiting for hardware initialization"

Can any one kindly help me...

Thanks & regards,
Rajesh

"Carlos (casep) Sepulveda" 11-07-2011 12:57 PM

On 7 November 2011 10:45, Rajesh <s_ramanujan0@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I tried to install Fedora 15 on Dell Inspiron 17R2 Laptop(Intel 64Bit i7 2630QM Quadracore)
> Installation started, after selecting install it remained for ever with message:
> "Waiting for hardware initialization"

Hi:
Have you tried using acpi=force and/or noapic as kernel boot parameters?

Regards
--
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Rajesh 11-07-2011 01:06 PM

Unable to Install Fedora 15 on Dell Inspiron 17R2

Hi,
Thank you for prompt reply
I could not install Fedora Linux at all.
Can I give kernel parameters before even installing?
How can I do that?
I had only some 3-4 Graphical options:
1.Install System 2.Upgrade existing system 3.Memtest
I selected 1st option and it remained forver saying:
waiting for hardware initialization.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh

"Carlos (casep) Sepulveda" 11-09-2011 12:38 PM

Unable to Install Fedora 15 on Dell Inspiron 17R2