Old 09-06-2011, 09:28 PM
carne_de_passaro

Default Fedora 15 in Lenovo z360 IdeaPad

Hi all,

Anyone who owns this laptop, have the scrolling of the trackpad, and the simulation of the third button working correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Danilo

Old 09-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Ron Leach

On 06/09/2011 22:28, carne_de_passaro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone who owns this laptop, have the scrolling of the trackpad, and the
> simulation of the third button working correctly?

I am not familiar with this device, but I am familiar with the same
problem on other devices.

I have found this site useful to help:

http://jorge.fbarr.net/2010/06/09/fedora-13-on-the-acer-aspire-one/

Please scroll down to:
"Double tap and scrolling doesn’t work on my Touchpad!"

Although this posting on his blog was for F13, I found that this fix
was also needed on F14, on a different device. Maybe it is also
needed for some devices on F15. His blog may also have other good
suggestions for later Fedora releases.

Good luck,

Ron

Old 09-08-2011, 12:02 AM
carne_de_passaro

> Hi all,

> Anyone who owns this laptop, have the scrolling of the trackpad, and the

> simulation of the third button working correctly?

I am not familiar with this device, but I am familiar with the same

problem on other devices.

I have found this site useful to help:

http://jorge.fbarr.net/2010/06/09/fedora-13-on-the-acer-aspire-one/

Please scroll down to:

"Double tap and scrolling doesn?t work on my Touchpad!"

Although this posting on his blog was for F13, I found that this fix

was also needed on F14, on a different device. *Maybe it is also

needed for some devices on F15. *His blog may also have other good

suggestions for later Fedora releases.

Good luck,

Ron*
Unfortunately, I didn't have luck with this trackpad. I follow the tips on that site, but these not work.
I realize that my trackpad it's a ALPS trackpad, and that is the big problem. In other distros, people have the same problem with this brand of trackpad.

I'll keep searching for the solution, and if I found, I'll post here.

Thank you Ron, for your help

Regards