Old 08-16-2011, 08:08 AM
余访文

Default Gnome 3 Problem

Hi,
After I installed the "GNOME Software Development" group with yum, I couldn,t log into the Gnome desktop. An error message says "Oh no! Something has gone wrong.
A problem has occurred and the system can't recover. Please log out and try again", and it repeated every time I tried to log in. I created a file "gnome-shell.desktop"*
in the ~/.config/autostart directory, the error message no longer appears, but I get only a wallpaper which means no top bar or else. The file's content is as follows:

[Desktop Entry]

Type=Application
Exec=gnome-shell --replace
Hidden=false
NoDisplay=false
X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
Name[en_US]=Gnome Shell
Name=Gnome Shell
Comment[en_US]=
Comment=
Doesn't anyone have an idea how to fix the problem? I would appreciate any help.