-   -   Want Help For FedoraOS(URGENT) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/544809-want-help-fedoraos-urgent.html)

sachin agarwala 06-27-2011 06:06 AM

Want Help For FedoraOS(URGENT)

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have a campaq610 laptop.Here Fedora13 is only
installed.But it has some problems 1.DISK HAS MANY BAD
SECTORS.2.Automatic Bug Reporting Tool reports that kernel crash and
nautilus crash has been occured.What should I do now?
I have attached secreenshot for problem1.For problem2 I could not manage.

thanking you,

waiting for your reply,

sachinagarwalla

Maximilian Imgrund 06-27-2011 07:37 AM

Want Help For FedoraOS(URGENT)

Dear Sachingarwalla,

don't worry about the kernel crashes and nautilus crashes - these occur at
some time but are in most of the cases of no harm. Just consider filling out
the automatic bug reports and sending them to improve fedora in future.

If your disk has many bad sectors you should think of exchanging it for a new
one. This is a physical issue, not a software issue. A few bad sectors are
also no problem, they're just excluded from your file system. But if bad
sectors accumulate the harddisks lifespan is usually reached and it is about
to fail in near future. So I'd urge you to get a new harddisk to prevent data
loss. By the way: You could update your system to Fedora 15 since there are no
security updates for Fedora 13 any more, Fedora 13 reached it's end of life.

Sincerely yours,
Maximilian Imgrund

Frank Murphy 06-27-2011 10:08 AM

On 27/06/11 08:37, Maximilian Imgrund wrote:
> Dear Sachingarwalla,
>
> don't worry about the kernel crashes and nautilus crashes - these occur at
> some time but are in most of the cases of no harm. Just consider filling out
> the automatic bug reports and sending them to improve fedora in future.

Dont fill out bug reports for F13 as it is no longer supported (EOL).
They will just get closed, test an F14 LiveCD,
and see will it work on your laptop

> If your disk has many bad sectors you should think of exchanging it for a new
> one. This is a physical issue, not a software issue.

I agree a new Hard disk would be an essential.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org