FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Laptop

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-06-2011, 06:18 PM
William Henry
 
Default Missing apps/utils on F15

Hi,

I had a pretty successful Fedora 15 preupgrade experience. I like the new gnome 3 too.

Since the upgrade I notice that my System Settings looks sparser. I don't see any screen saver in there. Also Looking at the tutorial @ fedoraproject regarding Creating Custom Launchers I discovered that I don't have a right-click on the desktop. I don't see a way to create custom launchers.

I can't seem to right-click on the tool-bar at the top either.

My F14 had Cairo dock installed. Preupgrade left it there. I quit it today but wonder if I should uninstall a few things like cairo-dock and emerald and compiz in case they are disrupting some gnome3 features.

Any thoughts?

Best,
William
_______________________________________________
laptop mailing list
laptop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/laptop
 
Old 06-07-2011, 11:56 PM
William Henry
 
Default Missing apps/utils on F15

Nobody seen this issue or know what I'm missing?

William


On Jun 6, 2011, at 12:19 PM, William Henry <whenry@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a pretty successful Fedora 15 preupgrade experience. I like the new gnome 3 too.
>
> Since the upgrade I notice that my System Settings looks sparser. I don't see any screen saver in there. Also Looking at the tutorial @ fedoraproject regarding Creating Custom Launchers I discovered that I don't have a right-click on the desktop. I don't see a way to create custom launchers.
>
> I can't seem to right-click on the tool-bar at the top either.
>
> My F14 had Cairo dock installed. Preupgrade left it there. I quit it today but wonder if I should uninstall a few things like cairo-dock and emerald and compiz in case they are disrupting some gnome3 features.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Best,
> William
> _______________________________________________
> laptop mailing list
> laptop@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/laptop
_______________________________________________
laptop mailing list
laptop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/laptop
 
Old 06-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Francisco Neira
 
Default Missing apps/utils on F15

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 06/07/2011 06:56 PM, William Henry wrote:
> Nobody seen this issue or know what I'm missing?
>
> William
>

Hi William,

I overwrote fed 14 with 15 and I do not have that issue. An upgrade
issue perhaps?

Regards,


- --
Francisco Neira, ISO 27002
Usuario Linux # 165985
ISACA No.565432, IEEE No.90934498
Lima, Peru -05:00 GMT

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJN7spjAAoJEOY9QVC2he8ypaEIAIyGuTz/w4eiJOP4btrBCC9l
AV8166qWb431FHCHA0pcZabwwlzAUhVWP/FHqZr39Q+0OBgBevOhkQ+plpqX7iht
GFiBSG/jkOjlhr9jrFVXxTAFWPwXoqhhMS/uamkxYPuBKHzGMKhG0sXBs0qTk2yd
Bwpc/AGSrZdXdPXHhgNOHEqro7q156saiVO+77mZKM+3qbyvsUCnR3C iu0KCAmoa
BtAcoVA0FGBsgd3e/bUpJEJBMwJC+j+HAoTzukiMd27p5Ixfqpm/XSx8Bc+0g+Jh
kf/DSLylD1ZCaQXakJuETkG3Ycs9e1YLM9PTQd3bWDxm3JkAa8/IE2xpYX4xQvk=
=Racn
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
laptop mailing list
laptop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/laptop
 
Old 06-08-2011, 01:07 AM
William Henry
 
Default Missing apps/utils on F15

Perhaps. I wonder if I have to go down that route. Strange. Not an area I'd expect an upgrade issue.

If anyone has any hints or clues I'd appreciate it.

William


On Jun 7, 2011, at 7:02 PM, Francisco Neira <neira.francisco@gmail.com> wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> On 06/07/2011 06:56 PM, William Henry wrote:
>> Nobody seen this issue or know what I'm missing?
>>
>> William
>>
>
> Hi William,
>
> I overwrote fed 14 with 15 and I do not have that issue. An upgrade
> issue perhaps?
>
> Regards,
>
>
> - --
> Francisco Neira, ISO 27002
> Usuario Linux # 165985
> ISACA No.565432, IEEE No.90934498
> Lima, Peru -05:00 GMT
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
>
> iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJN7spjAAoJEOY9QVC2he8ypaEIAIyGuTz/w4eiJOP4btrBCC9l
> AV8166qWb431FHCHA0pcZabwwlzAUhVWP/FHqZr39Q+0OBgBevOhkQ+plpqX7iht
> GFiBSG/jkOjlhr9jrFVXxTAFWPwXoqhhMS/uamkxYPuBKHzGMKhG0sXBs0qTk2yd
> Bwpc/AGSrZdXdPXHhgNOHEqro7q156saiVO+77mZKM+3qbyvsUCnR3C iu0KCAmoa
> BtAcoVA0FGBsgd3e/bUpJEJBMwJC+j+HAoTzukiMd27p5Ixfqpm/XSx8Bc+0g+Jh
> kf/DSLylD1ZCaQXakJuETkG3Ycs9e1YLM9PTQd3bWDxm3JkAa8/IE2xpYX4xQvk=
> =Racn
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> _______________________________________________
> laptop mailing list
> laptop@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/laptop
_______________________________________________
laptop mailing list
laptop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/laptop
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:36 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org