-   -   Missing apps/utils on F15 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/535901-missing-apps-utils-f15.html)

William Henry 06-06-2011 06:18 PM

Missing apps/utils on F15

Hi,

I had a pretty successful Fedora 15 preupgrade experience. I like the new gnome 3 too.

Since the upgrade I notice that my System Settings looks sparser. I don't see any screen saver in there. Also Looking at the tutorial @ fedoraproject regarding Creating Custom Launchers I discovered that I don't have a right-click on the desktop. I don't see a way to create custom launchers.

I can't seem to right-click on the tool-bar at the top either.

My F14 had Cairo dock installed. Preupgrade left it there. I quit it today but wonder if I should uninstall a few things like cairo-dock and emerald and compiz in case they are disrupting some gnome3 features.

Any thoughts?

Best,
William

William Henry 06-07-2011 11:56 PM

Missing apps/utils on F15

Nobody seen this issue or know what I'm missing?

William

Francisco Neira 06-08-2011 01:03 AM

Missing apps/utils on F15

William Henry 06-08-2011 01:07 AM

Missing apps/utils on F15

Perhaps. I wonder if I have to go down that route. Strange. Not an area I'd expect an upgrade issue.

If anyone has any hints or clues I'd appreciate it.

William