-   -   Can't Network Out (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/522763-cant-network-out.html)

"Dexter L. Pearson" 05-05-2011 09:32 PM

Can't Network Out

I just installed the latest version on Fedora 14 on my laptop
(Dell Latitude D531 w/ AMD Turion 64 X2) so I can try a different OS. I
first tried the x64 version. It installed well, but it refused to grab
an IP address from my ISP (IPv4). I even tried to issue a manual IPv4
address, reboot, and try again to no avail. However, I installed the
32-bit version onto a spare HDD, and I can connect automatically without
touching a configuration. Anyone have an idea why the 64-bit version
would become this aggravating?

Thanks,

Dexter

Adalbert Prokop 05-09-2011 07:52 PM

Can't Network Out

Am 05.05.2011 23:32, schrieb Dexter L. Pearson:

Hi!

> first tried the x64 version. It installed well, but it refused to grab
> an IP address from my ISP (IPv4). I even tried to issue a manual IPv4
> address, reboot, and try again to no avail. However, I installed the
> 32-bit version onto a spare HDD, and I can connect automatically without
> touching a configuration. Anyone have an idea why the 64-bit version
> would become this aggravating?

Not really, but it might be helpful to know how you try to connect
(LAN/WLAN) and to see the last part from /var/log/messages, let's say
since the boot. The output of the dmesg command might also be useful.

--
best wishes
Adalbert

boy, n: