-   -   Fedora Core 14 on Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5109 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/505522-fedora-core-14-toshiba-satellite-l655d-s5109.html)

Mark juszczec 03-25-2011 01:55 PM

Fedora Core 14 on Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5109

Hi folks

I've got an option to buy and I want to know if FC14 runs on a Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5109

In particular, I want to make sure wireless is supported without a whole lot of grief and agony on my part.

Specs are at the end of the email.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Processor Brand
AMD

Processor Platform
VISION Premium

Processor
AMD Turion™ II

Processor Speed
2.4GHz

Battery Type
6-cell lithium-ion

Display Type
High-definition widescreen LED-backlit TFT with TruBrite technology (1366 x 768)

Screen Size (Measured Diagonally)
15.6"

Cache Memory
2MB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM)
4GB

System Memory (RAM) Expandable To
8GB

Type of Memory (RAM)
DDR3

Hard Drive Type
SATA (5400 rpm)

Computer Hard Drive Size
500GB

Optical Drive
Double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW

Optical Drive Speeds
6x DVD+R DL; 6x DVD-R DL; 8x8x8 DVD+RW; 8x6x8 DVD-RW; 5x DVD-RAM; 24x24x24 CD-RW

Direct-Disc Labeling
No

Digital Media Reader or Slots
Yes, digital media card reader

Graphics
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Video Memory
256-1917MB (dynamically allocated shared)

TV Tuner
No

MPEG
Yes

Built-in Webcam
Yes

Modem
None

Networking
Built-in 10/100 Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Wireless Networking
Wireless-B+G+N

Bluetooth-Enabled
No

S-Video Outputs
None

Audio
Dolby Advanced

Speakers
Internal

PCMCIA Slots
None

USB 2.0 Ports
3

IEEE 1394 FireWire Ports
None

Parallel Ports
None

Game Ports
None

Laptop Weight
Ultraportable (5.5 lbs. or less)

Battery Life
Not available

Pointing Device
TouchPad with multitouch control and enable/disable

HDMI Output
No

Blu-ray Player
No

Operating System Platform
Windows

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Included Software
Microsoft Silverlight; ReelTime and more

ENERGY STAR Qualified
Yes

Best Buy PC App
Yes

Graphics Chip
ATI

Drive Capacity
500GB

Graphics Card

Al Thompson 03-25-2011 03:08 PM

On 03/25/2011 10:55 AM, Mark juszczec wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I've got an option to buy and I want to know if FC14 runs on a Toshiba
> Satellite L655D-S5109
>
> In particular, I want to make sure wireless is supported without a whole
> lot of grief and agony on my part.
>
> Specs are at the end of the email.

If you want to ask if a certain wireless chipset is supported, you'll
have to tell us what chipset it is.

It's my feeling that the majority of wireless cards are pretty well
supported now. I just put FC14 on a new HP laptop, and even though the
chipset in it was listed as being one that was not supported as of about
a year ago, it works just fine, and didn't take too much fiddling.

--

Check out the website I've been cobbling together. It will never be
done, but it's a start:

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heit das klteste aller kalten Ungeheuer. Kalt lgt es auch;
und diese Lge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
- [Friedrich Nietzsche]