-   -   Dell Latitude 110L - Wireless reads as ethernet (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/486882-dell-latitude-110l-wireless-reads-ethernet.html)

Micheal Parker 02-09-2011 01:57 AM

Dell Latitude 110L - Wireless reads as ethernet

Greetings all,
** I am trying to get the built in wireless to work on a Dell laptop Latitude 110L with Fedora 14 - when I run ip addr I get output that wlan0 is link/ether - I believe this is my problem. I've check multiple forums and cannot find a trouble shooting procedure to resolve this issue. When trying to activate the wireless I receve a "cable not connected" error. The system reads it as wlan0 but the link/ether leads me to believe this is a configuration error with the wireless.

*
Any suggestions or pointers in the right direction is appreciated.
*
*
Tom

Vinzenz Vietzke 02-09-2011 11:50 AM

Am 09.02.2011 03:57, schrieb Micheal Parker:
> Greetings all,
> I am trying to get the built in wireless to work on a Dell laptop
> Latitude 110L with Fedora 14 - when I run ip addr I get output that
> wlan0 is link/ether - I believe this is my problem. I've check multiple
> forums and cannot find a trouble shooting procedure to resolve this
> issue. When trying to activate the wireless I receve a "cable not
> connected" error. The system reads it as wlan0 but the link/ether leads
> me to believe this is a configuration error with the wireless.
> Any suggestions or pointers in the right direction is appreciated.
> Tom

Hi Tom,

could you do "lspci" in a terminal and post the result here so we can
see which wifi chipset is used in your Latitude.

Vinzenz Vietzke
Fedora Ambassador
m: vinz@fedoraproject.org
wk: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Vinz
mb: https://identi.ca/vinzv | https://twitter.com/vinzv

Vinzenz Vietzke 02-10-2011 12:48 PM

Am 10.02.2011 01:47, schrieb Micheal Parker:
> Vinzenz,
>
> Here are the results of the lspci for the wireless
>
> __________________________________________________ __________________
>
> 00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family)
> SMBus Controller (rev 03)
> 02:01.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1510 PC card Cardbus Controller
> 02:03.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g
> Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)
> 02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82562ET/EZ/GT/GZ -
> PRO/100 VE (LOM) Ethernet Controller Mobile (rev 03)

> Thanks for any help
>
> Tom

Tom,

as you have a Broadcom 4306 chipset and you have not done so, maybe
trying this tutorial could solve your problem:
http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/bcm43xx-yum-extras

Let me know if it worked! :)