Old 01-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Ramon

Default Problems with sleep feature on using Fedora 14 KDE on Toshiba Laptop

I am having a real annoying issue with my new Fedora 14 KDE dual boot
system on my Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980 laptop. Sometimes when I click
on leave and then the sleep option it goes to sleep perfectly. However,
about every other time it instead goes to the loading Fedora screen that
just has the logo and freezes. When it does that no keys I press do
anything, I end up having to turn off the laptop and re-turn it on to
get it restarted. Thankfully this isn't Windows so rebooting doesn't to
long, but it is still an annoyance does anybody know why this is
happening. Also what command can I use to check what apps are handling
my power management options, I know Power Devil is one, but I think I
may have downloaded another one too when I was attempting to obtain the
additional packages I thought I wanted or needed that didn't get
automatically installed from my livecd installation. Thank you in
advance for your help, this is one thing I truly do enjoy about using a
Linux system, the ability to get support like this, it makes me feel
like I'm part of a community.. Hopefully I can learn more about Linux so
I can also help others in the future.
Ramon