-   -   Driver for Thinpad Edge 13 Wireless PCI-Express Card (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/466220-driver-thinpad-edge-13-wireless-pci-express-card.html)

"Frank Pfeil" 12-15-2010 09:51 PM

Driver for Thinpad Edge 13 Wireless PCI-Express Card

Hello,
*
i want to install fedora on my Thinkpad edge 13 with AMD-CPU. Are there any drivers
out for the built in wireless card?
*

Vinzenz Vietzke 12-15-2010 10:29 PM

Driver for Thinpad Edge 13 Wireless PCI-Express Card

Hi Frank,

Am 15.12.2010 23:51, schrieb Frank Pfeil:
> i want to install fedora on my Thinkpad edge 13 with AMD-CPU. Are there any
> drivers
>
> out for the built in wireless card?

as the wireless chipset is a Realtek RTL8192SE it works out of the box
with newer kernel versions as in Fedora 14. I had Fedora running on this
netbook already. Simply booting from a usb disc or external disc drive
for testing.

Vinzenz Vietzke
m: vinz@fedoraproject.org
wk: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Vinz
mb: https://identi.ca/vinzv | https://twitter.com/vinzv

"Carlos (casep) Sepulveda" 12-16-2010 12:55 PM

On 15 December 2010 19:51, Frank Pfeil <frank_pfeil@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> i want to install fedora on my Thinkpad edge 13 with AMD-CPU. Are there any
> drivers
>
> out for the built in wireless card?

Hi:
The best thing is to use a Live CD to test it.
If you have any problem send the output of lspci to confirm the model
of the card

--
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

"Carlos (casep) Sepulveda" 12-16-2010 12:55 PM

Vinzenz Vietzke 12-16-2010 07:06 PM

Am 16.12.2010 14:55, schrieb Carlos (casep) Sepulveda:
> The best thing is to use a Live CD to test it.
Good idea, but the Thinkpad Edge 13 has no disc drive :)
So he'll need another machine to create a usb disc.