Old 12-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Brian Hanks

Default HP dm3t Laptop Brightness Adjustment

I recently got a new laptop, an HP dm3t (Core i3-380UM+Intel HD
Graphics). It's a great machine except that I am not able to adjust the
screen brightness in Fedora 14 x86_64. The Fn keys are recognized, the
brightness pop-up indicates that an adjustment has been requested, but
the screen remains on the brightest setting. I've also validated the
brightness values in /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0 are being
adjusted. It just seems that they aren't being recognized.

I've tried to pass the following acpi kernel params, but the attempts
have failed, causing the Fn keys and adjustments to stop working:
acpi_osi=Linux
acpi_backlight=vendor

Any thoughts on what I should try next?

Thanks,