-   -   Problem with Fedora 14 on a Laptop (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/458575-problem-fedora-14-laptop.html)

Eran Arad 11-28-2010 05:44 PM

Problem with Fedora 14 on a Laptop

Hello

I wonder if someone encountered this problem:
I have just received a brand new Lenovo T510 Laptop. I have installed, successfully, a Fedora 14 system. This is a dual-system machine, with Window 7 Professional also installed.

The problem: Staring the machine in Fedora, unplugged to electricity, the screens dims down to hardly readable level. Trying to increase brightness, using the function+brightness button has no effect. Plugging to electricity restores proper brightness.

Another show up of the same problem: started plugged in with proper brightness, than any touch of function+brightness key brings the screen to unreadable, and unchangeable brightness. Seem to me that the eFedora 14 scales the potentiometer of screen luminosity incorrectly.

Some information: Working in Windows 7, on the same machine: this does not happen
************************** On previous Lenovo, T60p, with Fedora 12, this did not happen either.

Has anybody encountered this problem ? any clue how to resolve,

Thanks,
Eran

Harlequin 11-28-2010 06:23 PM

Problem with Fedora 14 on a Laptop

It seemd hat your brightness buttons are not working. Could you please try to change brightness via the power manager. And which de are you using?