Old 11-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Ron Leach

Default SONY VGN-Z21WN WLAN

Josť Pedro Moreira wrote:
> Everything went fine till I needed to use an wireless connection. My laptop
> is a sony vaio VGN-Z21WN and the issue is when I go to the connections tab I
> have the wireless one blocked, I probably think its because maybe it doesnt
> detect the wireless adapter. can someone help me solving that issue?

Jose, I had a similar problem, with a different manufacturer's laptop.

Fedora is probably not recognising the WLAN hardware, as you surmise.
The first step is to find out what hardware it is.

As root, run these two commands, and see what WLAN hardware is detected:

lspci -v

lsusb -v

(The output could be quite long; you may want to trim the output to
remove the non-WLAN info.)

regards, Ron