Old 10-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Muhammad Uzair Khan

Default Fedora core 13 on Dell Vostro 3500 with i5 -- NVIDIA® Geforce™ 310M

hi again.
I posted a day or two ago about my problems with trying to boot Fedora
core 13 on a Dell vostro 3500. With help from this mailing list i
managed to get the system installed.

I tried to set my laptop to use a external monitor as well (dell), and
had a very fuzzy output on the second (external) monitor. I installed
nvidia-settings which asked me to install nvidia-config. Once i ran the
nvidia.config everything went downhill from there. Now i cannot even
boot my system (well i can get it to boot in single mode but thats about
it).
I have tried running Xorg -configure to generate a new xconfig.con file
but nothing seems to be working. My laptop still gets stuck while
booting, unless i use single mode. I am kinda sure that its a problem
with the nvidia drivers but have no idea on what to do next.

I am most grateful for any suggestions.
regards
khan