Old 10-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Muhammad Uzair Khan

Default Unable to install Fedora core 13 on Dell Vostro 3500 with i5

Hi,
I have been trying to install Fedora-Core 13 (live cd version) on Dell
Vostro 3500 laptop (with core i5 processor) without any luck. The laptop
boots from the live cd and then simply gets stuck. I initially thought
that there was some problem with the cd or the image, so have now wasted
around 5 cd's on various versions (the 32-bit as well as 64-bits, both
kde and gnome versions). The same problem occurs with the USB boot.

From what i can see there is some problem while attempting to boot up.
After removing the 'quiet' option from boot, what i can see is something
as follows

..

... [end trace...]
udevd-work[7941]: ' /sbin/modprobe -b pci:v0000d123.......' unexpected
exit with status 0x0009

[ok]
setting hostname localhost.localdomain [ok]

and before
usb_id[10371] unable to access
'/devices/pci0000.00/0000:00:1a............../input/input10/event10'

I know its not a complete report, but can any one tell if they have
tried installing fedora of this laptop? or How may i manage to install it?

Thankyou very much for your assistance.

regards
khan

Old 10-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Riyas vk

can you try booting with kernel parameter
noapic acpi=off

I have been trying to install Fedora-Core 13 (live cd version) on Dell

Vostro 3500 laptop (with core i5 processor) without any luck. The laptop

boots from the live cd and then simply gets stuck. *I initially thought

that there was some problem with the cd or the image, so have now wasted

around 5 cd's on various versions (the 32-bit as well as 64-bits, both

kde and gnome versions). The same problem occurs with the USB boot.

*From what i can see there is some problem while attempting to boot up.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:03 PM
John Knight

It's not solving the problem with the Live CD installer, but if you
absolutely need to get it installed on your laptop, have you attempted a
netinstall?

64-bit:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/13/Fedora/x86_64/iso/Fedora-13-x86_64-netinst.iso

32-bit:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/13/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-13-i386-netinst.iso

JV

Old 10-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Virágh János

péntek 22 október 2010 18:03:19 dátummal Riyas vk az alábbiakat írta:
> can you try booting with kernel parameter
>
> noapic acpi=off
>
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Muhammad Uzair Khan
>
> <m.uzairkhan@gmail.com>wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have been trying to install Fedora-Core 13 (live cd version) on Dell
> > Vostro 3500 laptop (with core i5 processor) without any luck. The laptop
> > boots from the live cd and then simply gets stuck. I initially thought
> > that there was some problem with the cd or the image, so have now wasted
> > around 5 cd's on various versions (the 32-bit as well as 64-bits, both
> > kde and gnome versions). The same problem occurs with the USB boot.
> >
> > From what i can see there is some problem while attempting to boot up.
> >
> > After removing the 'quiet' option from boot, what i can see is something
> > as follows

I've had problems with the BIOS virtualisation settings when installing F13
on my Dell Latitude E5400 - anaconda crashed several times with virt on.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Muhammad Uzair Khan

Thankyou everyone for the quick responses. I tried the noapic
acpi=off

*option and it worked like a charm.* Finally managed to boot from
the live cd and am currently installing fedora 13 to hard disk.

Thank you again* for your assistance.

regards

khan