Old 09-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Ankur Sinha

Default nVidia Support and Latest Kernel

On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 11:08 -0400, John Giotta wrote:
> > What official driver? the kmod from rpmfusion?
>
> It's been a while since I did the install of the nvidia driver, but it
> doesn't look like I'm using kmod. My installed package search doesn't
> suggest I am.
>
> - John G

Hey,

If you're using the binary driver from the nvidia website, I suggest you
shift to the kmod. fedorasolved.org has a howto on removing the binary
drivers too IIRC.

Then, rpmfusion releases a kmod for every version of the kernel and your
driver remains updated and working.

--
Thanks!
Regards,