Old 01-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Chris Bredesen

Default Help with PulseAudio and Twinkle

Hello list,

Sorry for cross posting but I'm hoping to find some extra eyeballs to
work through this with me. Here is my initial problem:

http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=178415

I seem to have (partially) solved this by using gstreamer-properties
(thanks Seth!) to set the default input back to PulseAudio from
"Custom". Not sure how that changed, and I'd never heard of this
utility till today.

I'm still left with an unresponsive mic. PA volume meter shows flatline
so it seems to be muted somehow, but everywhere I look shows that it is
not.

Part of my problem is that I still don't really know how all this stuff
fits together -- ALSA, PulseAudio and GStreamer. Furthermore, it was
all working till some recent event (maybe a pupdate, not sure) that
nuked it for me.

Any help in diagnosing sound issues would be most appreciated. I'll
echo my solution back to here and the forum once I get it solved.

Thanks all!

-Chris

Old 01-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Pete Zaitcev

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:51:27 -0500, Chris Bredesen <cbredesen@redhat.com> wrote:

> Sorry for cross posting but I'm hoping to find some extra eyeballs to
> work through this with me. Here is my initial problem:
>
> http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=178415

I think you meant fedora-devel-list. Hardly anyone reads the laptop-list.

-- Pete

Old 01-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Chris Bredesen

Pete Zaitcev wrote:

Sorry for cross posting but I'm hoping to find some extra eyeballs to
work through this with me. Here is my initial problem:

http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=178415

I think you meant fedora-devel-list. Hardly anyone reads the laptop-list.

Thanks Pete. This is a user question, so I definitely did not intend to
use a devel list.

-Chris