Old 04-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Claudio Miranda

Default How to make kernel recognize 4GB of RAM

I installed the PAE kernel, it recognized the 4 GB

$ head -1 /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 4013920 kB

--
Claudio Miranda

Old 04-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Claudio Miranda

I installed the PAE kernel, it recognized the 4 GB

$ head -1 /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 4013920 kB

However, I will run the non PAE kernel and post the dmesg log.

Thanks

Claudio

Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Jon Nettleton

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Claudio Miranda
<claudio@claudius.com.br> wrote:
> I installed the PAE kernel, it recognized the 4 GB
>
> $ head -1 /proc/meminfo
> MemTotal: * * * *4013920 kB
>
> However, I will run the non PAE kernel and post the dmesg log.

That isn't necessary. I thought F12 had stopped non-PAE i686 kernel
builds and was confused. I just had to do a bit of research on my
part.

Enjoy your extra RAM.

Jon