-   -   HP6910p suspend/resume problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/32536-hp6910p-suspend-resume-problem.html)

Luca 01-08-2008 11:31 PM

HP6910p suspend/resume problem

Hello everyone,

I have a hp6910p laptop where I installed Fedora Core 8, switching from
Ubuntu. I have problems with suspend/resume; sometimes, after I close
the lid and the computer suspends on RAM, I'm able to wake it up but the
screen is dark and there's no apparent way to increase luminosity; most
often though, I'm not able to wake the computer up at all and I have to
restart it; the fan keeps running and the screen does not turn on at all.

If somebody has hints on how to solve this that would be great: I had
suspend-on-RAM working in Ubuntu so I'm positive it should work in
Fedora as well.

I'm using kernel 2.6.23.9-85.fc8.

Cheers,
Luca

"Thomas Chung" 01-10-2008 06:50 PM

On 08/01/2008, Luca <raskolnikoff77@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a hp6910p laptop where I installed Fedora Core 8, switching from
> Ubuntu. I have problems with suspend/resume; sometimes, after I close
> the lid and the computer suspends on RAM, I'm able to wake it up but the
> screen is dark and there's no apparent way to increase luminosity; most
> often though, I'm not able to wake the computer up at all and I have to
> restart it; the fan keeps running and the screen does not turn on at all.
>
> If somebody has hints on how to solve this that would be great: I had
> suspend-on-RAM working in Ubuntu so I'm positive it should work in
> Fedora as well.
>
> I'm using kernel 2.6.23.9-85.fc8.
>
> Cheers,
> Luca

Do you have nvidia video card in your laptop?
If so, see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/F8Common#nv-suspend
Thomas Chung

Luca 01-10-2008 09:21 PM

HP6910p suspend/resume problem

Hello Thomas,
thanks for your answer! My laptop in its configuration does not
include a NVidia card, but a intel graphic controller. I'll attach the
lspci of it, in case it can be of any help.

I remember that in Ubuntu the /etc/acpi/ directory was populated with
many scripts to load/unload drivers while in my Fedora installation that
directory is empty. Does any similar script belong to Fedora anywhere?

Cheers,
Luca

Till Maas 01-11-2008 06:03 AM

On Thu January 10 2008, Luca wrote:

> I remember that in Ubuntu the /etc/acpi/ directory was populated with
> many scripts to load/unload drivers while in my Fedora installation that
> directory is empty. Does any similar script belong to Fedora anywhere?

Fedora manages most of this with the hal-info databes for suspend quirks, you
can find more about it at:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-suspend-index.html

Regards,
Till