-   -   New Intel core I3 arrandale on Gateway NV59 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/310085-new-intel-core-i3-arrandale-gateway-nv59.html)

damian perez 01-16-2010 01:59 AM

New Intel core I3 arrandale on Gateway NV59

Hi, everybody i bought a new laptopt Gateway, core i3, intel video card. I've tested ubuntu and mandriva without good video results. I have installed Fedora 12, i'm using an external lcd samsung screen on the vga port, it works fine. My display properties shows two screen as well as the correct resolutions...the problem it that i can't use my latopt screen, i have tried different resolutions..but nothing. I can't use mi laptopt without an external screen. Even if i boot without my external screen, my laptopt screen goes black Could somebody give me some ideas about it?

Because the Intel core I3 is too new i couldn't find information over internet, mi lspci shows that the card is* an i915 based.
I have tried a lot of diferent things, but, i couldn't fix it.
Thank you

Thomas Taylor 01-16-2010 03:43 AM

On Friday 15 January 2010 06:59:01 pm damian perez wrote:
> Hi, everybody i bought a new laptopt Gateway, core i3, intel video
> card. I've tested ubuntu and mandriva without good video results. I
> have installed Fedora 12, i'm using an external lcd samsung screen
> on the vga port, it works fine. My display properties shows two
> screen as well as the correct resolutions...the problem it that i
> can't use my latopt screen, i have tried different resolutions..but
> nothing. I can't use mi laptopt without an external screen. Even if
> i boot without my external screen, my laptopt screen goes black
> Could somebody give me some ideas about it? Because the Intel core
> I3 is too new i couldn't find information over internet, mi lspci
> shows that the card is an i915 based.
> I have tried a lot of diferent things, but, i couldn't fix it.
> Thank you

Here is some information about Intel and their video drivers relevant to
linux:
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-010512.htm

A driver is available for openSUSE. Go to this link and enter "i915"
(without the quotes), then select "ALL" in the selection box and click
on search. There is a mesa driver from the openSUSE build service.
Don't know if it will work in another distro.
http://software.opensuse.org/search
--
Thanks, Tom (retired penguin)
openSUSE 11.2 x86_64, KDE 4.3.1