Old 12-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Mrcio Teixeira

Default FW: Notebook compatability with FC12 x86_64.

Good Afternoon

I tried all your releases, since the FC11 x86_64 and none of them I can put it working correctly with my Asus M51TR notebook.

The shortcuts from the keyboard doesn't work correctly, I can shutdown the Wireless via the shortcut but not the BT, that stays always ON;
Everytime I start the FC11 and FC12 it gives me kernel errors, even with the updates made via FC update funcionality;
Harddrive controllers doesn't are correctly detected.

The other problems are problems related with the Firefox add-ins that aren't compatible with a 64bit OS (Flash and Shockwave problems).

That kind of problems make me only have a Linux installed in my NB for only 24 hours MAX. I'd like to change from the crappy Windows for a more powerful and reliable OS, but unfortunely FC doesn't are a walk in a park in my situation.

Doesn't someone have any tips that can provide me to help me?

Best Regards
Mrcio Teixeira

Old 12-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Miguel Angel Perez

Hi Mrcio,
Seems that you got a not-well-supported laptop. Googling around a bit i've seen that a lot of people needed to disable acpi to make it work, so if you did that don't expect any acpi-related thing to work.

I tried all your releases, since the FC11 x86_64 and none of them I can put it working correctly with my Asus M51TR notebook.

The shortcuts from the keyboard doesn't work correctly, I can shutdown the Wireless via the shortcut but not the BT, that stays always ON;

Everytime I start the FC11 and FC12 it gives me kernel errors, even with the updates made via FC update funcionality;

Maybe you could attach those messages in next posts, maybe someone has a clue about them. You can do this in a console to get the messages into a file:

** * dmesg > dmesg.txt*Harddrive controllers doesn't are correctly detected.

You have further instructions here:*http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash
*That kind of problems make me only have a Linux installed in my NB for only 24 hours MAX. I'd like to change from the crappy Windows for a more powerful and reliable OS, but unfortunely FC doesn't are a walk in a park in my situation.

Doesn't someone have any tips that can provide me to help me?

If 64-bit distro version is not working properly for you maybe 32-bit version will do it, did you tried?
*Best Regards
Mrcio Teixeira

[...]

Regards
Miguel ngel Prez

Old 12-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Sergei KCH

Добрый день
Я работаю на 32 разрядной системе
просто на ноутбуках проблемы с системами
выборе программного обеспечения

Hi Márcio,

[...]

Márcio Teixeira

Windows Live: Friends get your Flickr, Yelp, and Digg updates when

they e-mail you.

[...]

Windows Live: Keep your friends up to date with what you do

online.