Old 01-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Manas biswal

Default booting failed in Acer Laptop having AMD Athlon 64 X2

Hello * I have installed fedora core 8 in my laptop (Acer aspire 4520/ config- AMD Athlon X2 64 I gb ram ,160 gb Hdd having nvidia). I have loaded windows XP before. So I have given another partition for "/" ie 48gb and 2400mb for swap It was installed succesfully. Now I am getting GRUB boot loader .But when I am selecting Fedora core it is showing following error and stopped. * Uncompressing linux*** ok booting the kernel Redhat nash version 6.0.19 starting unable to access resume device (LABEL=SWAP-SDA 4) mount : could not find file system /dev/root setuproot : moving* /dev failed : no such file or directory setuproot :error mounting* /proc : no such file or directory setuproot : error mounting /sys : no such file or directory switch root : mount failed : no such file or
directory * * and here it stops but I am getting no problem when I was loading Fedora core (except the*sound) device problem). I have also tried both fedora releases i.e. for i386 and x86 But I am getting the same problem. * So this is my ardent request could anybody solve the problem. * * Thanks and Regards
Manas Ranjan Biswal
Research Fellow,
Directorate Of Forensic Science,
MHA,Govt Of India