Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 PM

Default Dual screen setup problem

Hi,

I have a laptop equipped with a Nvidia Geforce 8600 screen
card. I have installed the NVidia drivers.

Besides the laptop
screen i would like to connect my Samsung 213T 21" screen and use it
as my primary screen when working at home. The problem is that my samsung
just clones my laptop screen. It's running in 1024x768 so my icons are the
size of my head (well almost).

How do i configure the samsung
to be my primary display?

I don't see any resolutions higher
than 1024x768 when i open the nvidia configuration tool.

I'm
running Fedora Core 10.

When running vista on this machine it
works as i'd like it to work i linux, so i know that the card supports
it.

Any input welcome.

best regards

kim
gabrielsen________________________________________ _______
Fedora-laptop-list mailing list
Fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com

Old 03-03-2009, 12:38 AM
"Steve O"

xrandr –q will show you the available displays and their
resolutions

xrandr --output TDMS-1 (or whatever your display is called TMDS
is DVI) --mode 1280x800 --left-of LVDS (Laptop Video Display?) should do what
you want

Steve *

*

I have a laptop equipped with a Nvidia Geforce 8600 screen card. I have
installed the NVidia drivers.

Besides the laptop screen i would like to connect my Samsung 213T 21"
screen and use it as my primary screen when working at home. The problem is
that my samsung just clones my laptop screen. It's running in 1024x768 so my
icons are the size of my head (well almost).

How do i configure the samsung to be my primary display?

I don't see any resolutions higher than 1024x768 when i open the nvidia
configuration tool.

I'm running Fedora Core 10.

When running vista on this machine it works as i'd like it to work i linux, so
i know that the card supports it.

Any input welcome.

best regards

kim gabrielsen