Old 02-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Miguel Angel Perez

Default F10 installation on Hp laptop(dv5-1210tx)

Nvidia graphics will be supported if you use rpm fusion non-free repository, the processor is supported, the touchpad too, the network card too, but the tv tunner the audo codec and the HP MeadiaSmart thing should be check before. The best thing is trying first with a live cd and check that everything works out of the box. With a live cd you should not have proper video aceleration as it will use the default nv driver for your nvidia card until you set up rpmfusion and install nvidia propietary kernel, so don't worry about the video performance.

2009/2/27 Gyan PRAKASH <gyan.prakash@st.com>

Hello,

*

Hey, did anyone tried Fedora(F10) on HP dv5-1210tx laptop. Following
are the specs of my laptop

*

Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS/9600M GT
Video/Graphic
Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

HP Integrated Digital TV Tuner

IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC

Realtek PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC

HP MediaSmart

*

Am scared of whether the above mentioned sound/graphics and
network hardware’s would work or NOT? Please provide feedback!

*

*

Regards,

Gyan

*

*

*

*

********

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Miguel Ángel Pérez

Old 02-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Gyan PRAKASH

Hey, but am more worried about the Audio card. I
tried with F10 KDE live CD but no sound was audible! Also how do I get rpm-fusion
usage license?

*

Is their any alternate method to get sound working
on my laptop?

*

*

Nvidia graphics will be supported if you use rpm
fusion non-free repository, the processor is supported, the touchpad too, the
network card too, but the tv tunner the audo codec and the HP MeadiaSmart thing
should be check before. The best thing is trying first with a live cd and check
that everything works out of the box. With a live cd you should not have proper
video aceleration as it will use the default nv driver for your nvidia card
until you set up rpmfusion and install nvidia propietary kernel, so don't worry
about the video performance.

Hey, did anyone tried Fedora(F10) on HP dv5-1210tx
laptop. Following are the specs of my laptop

*

1.***** Intel Core 2
Duo 2Ghz

2.***** NVIDIA
GeForce 9200M GS/9600M GT Video/Graphic

3.***** Synaptics
PS/2 Port TouchPad

4.***** HP Integrated
Digital TV Tuner

5.***** IDT
High-Definition Audio CODEC

6.***** Realtek PCI-E
Fast Ethernet NIC

7.***** HP MediaSmart

*

Old 02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Lalit Dhiri

________________________________
> From: gyan.prakash@st.com
> To: mangelp@gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:26:57 +0530
> CC: gyanu2k@yahoo.com; fedora-laptop-list@redhat.com
> Subject: RE: F10 installation on Hp laptop(dv5-1210tx)
>
> Hey, but am more worried about the Audio card. I
> tried with F10 KDE live CD but no sound was audible! Also how do I get rpm-fusion
> usage license?

Please post the output of lspci done a terminal. This will give more detail.

--
Lalit Dhiri
Linux the root to no GPFs

Old 02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Ray Ward

Try the live CDDVD first.
There should be enough on a live CD to test your laptops functionality.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:04 AM
Gyan PRAKASH

Hello,

*

My laptop multimedia-keys(HP smart keys) works fine
in GNOME desktop but doesn’t work with KDE.

*

Also, Internet is not getting configured. When I plugin
the LAN wire, it says connected and the ip address displayed is different to
what I see in windows. I have a external modem connected to broadband service
provider.

*

Please provide suggestion to configure the above.

*

Thanks,

Gyan

*