Old 02-18-2009, 11:10 AM
"William M. Quarles"

Default Sound on laptop docking station

Hey all,

Does anybody out there on these three lists know how to get Fedora to
reroute the sound from my laptop's speakers to the line out on the
docking station to which the laptop is connected? I'm using a Dell
Latitude C640 with a Dell C Dock II. The other outputs are software
activated usually, but the signals still come from the laptop's
integrated sound card (i.e. there is no actual sound hardware installed
in the docking station).

Thanks,
William

Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Rui Tiago Cação Matos

This also happens on my Latitude D630. Sound isn't routed to the dock
station as you say.

Rui

Old 02-18-2009, 07:51 PM
"Steve O"

This happens on my Dell D830 laptop running FC10 as well.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:59 AM
"William M. Quarles"

Does anybody know which software component might be responsible for this
kind of switching (e.g. kernel, ALSA stuff, jack stuff, etc.) so that I
might be able to submit a Bugzilla feature request somewhere?

Thanks,
William

Old 02-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Rui Tiago Cação Matos

2009/2/19 William M. Quarles <walrus@bellsouth.net>:
> Does anybody know which software component might be responsible for this
> kind of switching (e.g. kernel, ALSA stuff, jack stuff, etc.) so that I
> might be able to submit a Bugzilla feature request somewhere?

I think it's the kernel ALSA driver, so I would file it on the kernel
package. Someone will reassign it if it isn't the case, I'm sure.

What I'm not sure is if someone will be able to fix it without having
the hardware and/or documentation about it. I think there are some
Dell employees in the Fedora comunity, maybe they can help in that
case?

Btw, if you file it, please tell us the bugzilla number.

Rui