-   -   FC10 Apple Macbook Pro (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/224105-fc10-apple-macbook-pro.html)

"Rupak kumar Bag" 01-07-2009 03:54 PM

FC10 Apple Macbook Pro

Hi All,
*
I have FC10 install on Macbook Pro(15') with Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT.*Fedora rocks even on apple hardware, however I have two question.
*
1)
*
Why do we have two different applications to control screen resolution.
System->administration->display(1024x768)
System->Preferences->Hardware->screen resolution (1440x900)

As shown in brackets, both of these controls show different resolution. I am not sure what is happening. Can anyone throw some light on this please?

*
2)*Is there a way to achieve any higher resolution than 1400x900?
*
Thanks for your time,
Rupak

Chris Snook 01-07-2009 04:11 PM

FC10 Apple Macbook Pro

Rupak kumar Bag wrote:

Hi All,

I have FC10 install on Macbook Pro(15') with Nvidia GeForce 8600M
GT. Fedora rocks even on apple hardware, however I have two question.

1)

Why do we have two different applications to control screen resolution.

System->administration->display(1024x768)
System->Preferences->Hardware->screen resolution (1440x900)

As shown in brackets, both of these controls show different resolution.
I am not sure what is happening. Can anyone throw some light on this please?

2) Is there a way to achieve any higher resolution than 1400x900?

For starters, you'll need to plug in a monitor with higher resolution than 1440x900.

-- Chris