Old 12-16-2008, 03:30 PM
"Olli Orkoneva"

Default Changing from Gnome to XFCE desktop

I have at last found a distro which works without bugs in my Acer Aspire One (8GB SSD). Fedora 10 works on it out-of-the-box.

Do you recommend to change from Gnome desktop to XFCE desktop in order to make it a bit faster?

It looked to me as simple as first uninstall Gnome, then install XFCE, but I read a discussion to avoid it, because XFCE has so many Gnome depencies.

So what I am doing now is installing XFCE in addition to Gnome, in order to use it when I use my own profile, as well as i plan to use some more lightweight browser like Dillo or Kazehakase.

Does this make sense to you?

Olli

--
Olli Orkoneva
journalist

email* orkoneva@gmail.com
mob.** +358-41-5169777

Old 12-16-2008, 05:17 PM
"J Davila"

Olli, what you're planning to do is quite fine if you want your machine to work faster.

Best Regards.
--
----
Joel Dávila (505)816-9911