Old 12-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Santhosh Joseph

Default yum throws this message

I get this error from yum (remove) :

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.51:/org/freedesktop/PackageKit:
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A
securitypolicy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this
recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member "Introspect" error name "(unset)"
destination ":1.51")

[sansaji@localhost ~]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.27.5-117.fc10.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 18
11:58:53 EST 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

However, this does not stop the operation. Just prints the above message after
successfully completing the operation.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Thanks
Santhosh Joseph

Old 12-09-2008, 04:15 PM
"Gianluca Sforna"

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Santhosh Joseph <josephatwork@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Watch out for a PackageKit update.

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gianlucasforna

Old 12-09-2008, 06:37 PM
"Sean Madden"

You need to edit your /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.PackageKit.conf
to include:

<allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.PackageKit"/>
<allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transac tion"/>

Add these below the line reading:

<policy context="default">

-Sean Madden

Old 12-09-2008, 06:37 PM
"Sean Madden"

Old 12-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Brian Morrison

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:15:32 +0100
"Gianluca Sforna" <giallu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Santhosh Joseph <josephatwork@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know how to fix this ?
>
> Watch out for a PackageKit update.

And a fair few other updates as well, this dbus change breaks a lot of
things. This new dbus version was *not* supposed to go to updates just
yet, it was a mistake.

Also, the updated PackageKit with the changes to
the /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.fredesktop.PackageKit.system.conf file
does not actually prevent the introspection errors seen here, other
things need updating to do this.

--

Brian Morrison

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."

Old 12-09-2008, 08:07 PM
"Gianluca Sforna"

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Sean Madden <sean@seanmadden.net> wrote:
> You need to edit your /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.PackageKit.conf
> to include:
>
> <allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.PackageKit"/>
> <allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transac tion"/>
>
> Add these below the line reading:
>
> <policy context="default">

Nice but... if the file is marked as %config in the RPM, the
replacement from the update will be renamed as .rpmnew and you will
need to move it back over your hand edited file.

If not, then it will be overridden anyway with the correct values at
the first update (which I bet is going to happen pretty soon...)

So, IMHO, not worthwhile