Old 11-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Brian Morrison

Default in Fedora 9 Sulphur

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:48:25 +0530
Bisban <bisban@gmail.com> wrote:

> How to get the source code for my kernel 2.6.25

Install the kernel src rpm that matches the kernel you have.

And why F9? F10 is out!

--

Brian Morrison

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."

Old 11-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Till Maas

On Thu November 27 2008, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:48:25 +0530
>
> Bisban <bisban@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How to get the source code for my kernel 2.6.25
>
> Install the kernel src rpm that matches the kernel you have.

You can easily download the required src.rpm with yumdownloader --source
kernel or yumdownloader --source kernel-PAE, depending on which kernel you
use. But it may also be that the kernel-devel package already suits you, but
it does not contain the complete source, but only some files.

Regards,
Till

Old 11-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Jacob Hunt

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 12:48 +0530, Bisban wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I installed Fedora 9 sulphur from the DVD.iso file for X86_64
> configuration on my laoptop using DVD media.
>
> I selected "Development Support" at the time to choose what packages
> should get installed in the Installation Steps.
>
> After successfull Installation i could see GCC and other BINUTILS have
> been installed in my laptop.
>
> BUT, when i browsed into /usr/src/redhat.... I dont see the SOURCE
> CODE for the kernel down here?
>
> How to get the source code for my kernel 2.6.25
>

> Thanks in advance
> Biswaroop
> --
> To Know me is to Love Me!