Old 09-26-2008, 02:03 PM
"zhanhui li"

Default Is there a chinese update source?

Hey, everyone,
************** I am now in China and find it really
slow to update my Fedora system and install package I need, Anyone who
know a server offers Fedora mirror please tell me.
************* One
more thing, I am using IBM R40, my touch pad does work as it works in
Windows: the cursor indeed can be navigated but it can not recognize
click when I tap the pad, neither "double click".

********* Thanks in advance.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Kae Verens

zhanhui li wrote:

Hey, everyone,
I am now in China and find it really slow to update my
Fedora system and install package I need, Anyone who know a server
offers Fedora mirror please tell me.

not sure about that.
One more thing, I am using IBM R40, my touch pad does
work as it works in Windows: the cursor indeed can be navigated but it
can not recognize click when I tap the pad, neither "double click".
try installing the synaptics RPM package. it should improve your
synaptic pad's usefulness.

kae

Old 09-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Brian Morrison

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:03:58 +0800
"zhanhui li" <lizhanhui@gmail.com> wrote:

> One more thing, I am using IBM R40, my touch pad does work as
> it works in Windows: the cursor indeed can be navigated but it can not
> recognize click when I tap the pad, neither "double click".

That's because the default package for the touch pad has tapping turned
off.

There are modified packages available, but you'll need to search for
the right one. Google should be able to find it.

--

Brian Morrison

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."