Old 08-25-2008, 02:48 PM
"Oliver Ruebenacker"

Default Since F9, Images on Firefox Fuzzy

Dear friends,

Since I upgraded to Fedore 9, all images appear fuzzy on Firefox. I
have a Dell Latitude D820 laptop with a nVidia card and work with a
resolution of 1680x1050. If I save the images and display them outside
Firefox, they all look sharp. This is true for gif, jpg and svg.

Why I think that's a Fedora issue? Well, because under Fedora 8, all
images were sharp in Firefox. Also, system-config-display does not
seem to work. It fails to detect my display or the possible
resolutions, and when I select a resolution, it will ask me to restart
X, and then happily forget anything I entered. I sometimes felt like
asking some one to have a look at the code and confirm that it
actually is written to do anything.

Thanks!

Take care
Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Post-Doc Researcher
BioPAX Integration at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/biopax)

Old 08-25-2008, 04:40 PM
"Carl D. Roth"

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:48:08 -0400, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> Since I upgraded to Fedore 9, all images appear fuzzy on Firefox. I
> have a Dell Latitude D820 laptop with a nVidia card and work with a
> resolution of 1680x1050. If I save the images and display them outside
> Firefox, they all look sharp. This is true for gif, jpg and svg.

Try typing CTRL-0 in the Firefox window. If you inadvertantly zoomed the
text in FF3 it may have zoomed the images too. This sometimes makes them
look blurry.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:40 PM
"Carl D. Roth"

Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 PM
"Oliver Ruebenacker"

Dear friends, dear Carl,

Yes, Firefox makes images blurry when I zoom the text - but
apparently only under Fedora 9, not earlier Fedoras. At least, I never
noticed before, but now big time.

Take care
Oliver

Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 PM
"Oliver Ruebenacker"

Old 08-26-2008, 12:34 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

This is a new default in Firefox 3, which allows all the content on the
page to stay proportional. You can change the behavior by pointing the
browser to "about:config" and changing the value for "browser.zoom.full"
to "false".

--
Paul W. Frields
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

Old 08-26-2008, 12:37 PM

Old 08-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Christopher Ranschaert

On Tuesday 26 August 2008, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
> Dear friends, dear Carl,
>
> Yes, Firefox makes images blurry when I zoom the text - but
> apparently only under Fedora 9, not earlier Fedoras. At least, I never
> noticed before, but now big time.
>
> Take care
> Oliver

Hi Oliver,

If using Firefox 3, go to the View menu, go to Zoom and check the "Zoom text only" option.

Best regards,

Christopher Ranschaert.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:18 PM
"Oliver Ruebenacker"

Dear friends,

Thanks that helped! It did not occur to me until now that Firefox
did not zoom images before. So it was a Firefox issue after all, which
happened to get updated with Fedora.

It would be nice, of course, to be able to zoom images and keep them
sharp. I understand this is tough for gif and jpg, but it should work
for svg.

Take care
Oliver