Old 07-29-2008, 05:24 AM
"Michael Simon"

Default Fedora 9 on Dell D820

Has anyone got sleep/hibernate to work with this laptop?* I can put the laptop to sleep but when it tries to wake up then I see thin vertical color fragmented lines.* Followed by what appears to be a X windows mouse cursor.* It continues in this loop every 5-10 seconds.

I just converted to Linux trying to use it as a base with vmware running my windows xp (crap).

I'd love to be able to sleep instead of having to reboot all the time.
--
Thank You
Michael Simon

michael.s.simon@gmail.com

Old 07-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Tyler Owen

I am running on a D820 without any problems. You will have to use the
NVidia driver not the open source nv driver if you want
suspend/hibernate.

Tyler

Old 07-30-2008, 06:05 AM
"Michael Simon"

I have the Intel 945GM video card.* I can't use the NVidia drivers.... Can I?

Old 07-30-2008, 06:24 AM
"Ahmed Kamal"

nope, nvidia drivers are for nvidia cards, not Intel's