-   -   Computer name of wireless connection on router (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-laptop/132456-computer-name-wireless-connection-router.html)

Arjan Hulshoff 07-27-2008 01:41 PM

Computer name of wireless connection on router

Hi all,

I have an issue with registering my computer name on my router using
Fedora 9. In fact it only causes a problem when I am using the wireless
NIC. When using the wired network my computer name gets registered on
my router flawlessly. The router I am using is a SMC 2804WBR.
NetworkManager is controlling both my wired and wireless NIC. I have
adjusted ifcfg-wlan0 to match as much as possible to ifcfg-eth0. The
hosts and network files should be okay as the wired network works well.
Can someone give me a few pointers to what I should do?

Regards,

Arjan.