Old 06-16-2008, 06:05 AM
"El-Hassan Wanas"

Default X not working at all

Hey guys,

I have an LG R405, it has an integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 card in it.

During the Fedora 9 installation(which started in text), I got a message saying couldn't configure X. I tried installing other distros as well, but nothing worked graphical.

Any help on that?

Thanks,

Wanas
--
http://programmingden.blogspot.com

Old 06-16-2008, 08:06 AM
"Gerold"

> Hey guys,
>
> I have an LG R405, it has an integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 card in it.
>
> During the Fedora 9 installation(which started in text), I got a message
> saying couldn't configure X. I tried installing other distros as well, but
> nothing worked graphical.
>
> Any help on that?
^^
Yes,

buy a Laptop which works :-)

Dear Sender, if you have a car and you call your vendor and tell him "I
bought a mercedes with a 150 horse power engine. my car doesn't drive but
I pressed the start button" he can't help you, the same as we ...

more detailled informations about CPU, RAM, HDD, error messages will be
helpfull to -maybe- help you.

See your answer soon :-)

regards

Gerold

Old 06-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Kae Verens

Gerold wrote:

Hey guys,

I have an LG R405, it has an integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 card in it.

During the Fedora 9 installation(which started in text), I got a message
saying couldn't configure X. I tried installing other distros as well, but
nothing worked graphical.

Any help on that?

^^
Yes,

buy a Laptop which works :-)

hmm...

more detailled informations about CPU, RAM, HDD, error messages will be
helpfull to -maybe- help you.

I'd say start with the log for X

/var/log/Xorg.0.log

could have useful info in it.

--
Kae Verens' signature
http://webworks.ie/ lead programmer

Old 06-16-2008, 10:05 AM
"El-Hassan Wanas"

Ok,

/var/log/Xorg.0.log

could have useful info in it.*It's too big, so I searched for the stuff that starts with "(EE)". I'm copying from the laptop to here by hand so bare with me. Line number and content:

99 : (EE) Failed to load module "interlmaster" (module does not exist, 0)
284 : (EE) Failed to load module "intelbatchbuffer" (module does not exist, 0)
391 : (EE) open /dev/fb0 : No such file or directory

Here are the last two lines:

405 : Fatal server error :
406 : Caught signal 11. Server aborting

Wanas
--
http://programmingden.blogspot.com

Old 06-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Kae Verens

El-Hassan Wanas wrote:

Ok,

/var/log/Xorg.0.log

could have useful info in it.

It's too big, so I searched for the stuff that starts with "(EE)". I'm
copying from the laptop to here by hand so bare with me. Line number and
content:

99 : (EE) Failed to load module "interlmaster" (module does not exist, 0)
284 : (EE) Failed to load module "intelbatchbuffer" (module does not
exist, 0)

391 : (EE) open /dev/fb0 : No such file or directory

I'm not an X dev, so can't comment on this, but what happens if you try
using VESA instead of the Intel driver?

for instance, open /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change the Driver line in the
Device section to

Driver "vesa"
then try starting X again.

that should at least give you a working screen, even if the resolution
might be off.

other than that... try updating the system, in case the bug has been
caught and fixed already? (yum upgrade)