Old 06-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default python-fedora documentation

I've completed the first round of documentation for two major aspects of
python-fedora-0.3. The Fedora Services Documentation (announced
earlier)and the BaseClient Documentation. Please have a glance at them
as there are several backwards incompatible changes here. I'd like to
make all backwards incompatible changes in one go so if you have any
other changes you want to include, don't hesitate to speak up.

The documents are checked into the bzr repo:
sudo yum -y install bzr bzrtools
bzr branch
bzr://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/python-fedora/python-fedora-devel

cd python-fedora-devel/doc

And also on the wiki:
https://fedorahosted.org/python-fedora/wiki/doc/client
https://fedorahosted.org/python-fedora/wiki/doc/service

I'm looking into how difficult it will be to add two more features
before calling this done:

1) Accessing the data via attribute lookup as well as dictionary
lookup. So these would be equivalent:

pkgListing['package']['name']
pkgListing.package.name

2) Introspection architecture for the server

I also have a request for enabling batch requests (similar to xmlrpc's
multicall) but I have a feeling this will take too long to create it for
0.3. If someone else wants to take a look at how we could implement
this by FUDCon I'd be fine with adding it, though.

-Toshio