Old 05-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Mike McGrath

Default Logging #fedora-meeting

There's been some requests to log #fedora-meeting automatically. There's
technical issues there like where to store them, is there a way to auto
start / stop meetings, etc.

Lets discuss. thoughts?

-Mike

Old 05-27-2008, 06:59 PM
seth vidal

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 13:49 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> There's been some requests to log #fedora-meeting automatically. There's
> technical issues there like where to store them, is there a way to auto
> start / stop meetings, etc.
>
> Lets discuss. thoughts?

Can zodbot log? and if so can it log multiple channels?

-sv

Old 05-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Mike McGrath

On Tue, 27 May 2008, seth vidal wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 13:49 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > There's been some requests to log #fedora-meeting automatically. There's
> > technical issues there like where to store them, is there a way to auto
> > start / stop meetings, etc.
> >
> > Lets discuss. thoughts?
> >

> Can zodbot log? and if so can it log multiple channels?

Can and does though its not 'public' yet. Also I think ianweller had
something in mind for sticking that data in the wiki.

-Mike

Old 05-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Ian Weller

Can zodbot log? and if so can it log multiple channels?

Can and does though its not 'public' yet. Also I think ianweller had
something in mind for sticking that data in the wiki.

Just wrote a patch to the popular irclog2html.py [1] to output MediaWiki
table syntax. Its at
http://ianweller.fedorapeople.org/irclog2html/
-- ian

[1]: http://mg.pov.lt/irclog2html/

Old 05-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Dennis Gilmore

On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:
> There's been some requests to log #fedora-meeting automatically. There's
> technical issues there like where to store them, is there a way to auto
> start / stop meetings, etc.
>
> Lets discuss. thoughts?

A bot that you can issue commands to such as startmeeting <meetingName>,
endmeeting. and postmeeting <meetingname> would be good. It would really
want a very limited set of commands.

we would need a host for the bots to run on. then we could export meetings
via http.

Dennis.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 13:49 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> There's been some requests to log #fedora-meeting automatically. There's
> technical issues there like where to store them, is there a way to auto
> start / stop meetings, etc.
>
> Lets discuss. thoughts?

##distros had a meeting bot during the last meeting we had.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:17 AM
John Poelstra

There's been some requests to log #fedora-meeting automatically. There's
technical issues there like where to store them, is there a way to auto
start / stop meetings, etc.

Lets discuss. thoughts?

A bot that you can issue commands to such as startmeeting <meetingName>,
endmeeting. and postmeeting <meetingname> would be good. It would really
want a very limited set of commands.

we would need a host for the bots to run on. then we could export meetings
via http.

Bonus points if you could specify the timezone for the timestamps of if
defaulted to UTC.

John

Old 05-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Ray Van Dolson

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 01:49:54PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> There's been some requests to log #fedora-meeting automatically. There's
> technical issues there like where to store them, is there a way to auto
> start / stop meetings, etc.
>
> Lets discuss. thoughts?

I suppose you guys have your own bot going (think I've seen it in
#fedora-admin?), but this would be a pretty easy task for an eggdrop
bot. Overkill perhaps?

Ray