Old 05-25-2008, 04:05 AM
"Yaakov Nemoy"

Default Blog syndication for GSoC - ers

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Eugene Teo <eteo@redhat.com> wrote:

> Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
>> With the new process for getting (and staying) on Planet Fedora in
>> place, how does it affect GSoC-ers ?
>>
>> Do we have their blogs on the Planet ? And, do they get FedoraPeople.org
>> accounts ?
>
> Is it possible to waive the requirement that my mentee has to be
> sponsored to a group other than the CLA group? I remember there were
> discussion about syndicating our mentees blogs to Planet Fedora?

I'm going to forward this to seth vidal, who is in charge of such
things, and the Fedora Infrastructure team.

Personally I think that the students/mentees will need access to the
wiki at some point or another. That can definitely count as a second
group. I've made it a point for my mentee to have a biography on the
wiki, and with the new wiki, it has it's own group in FAS.

To actually put a blog on Planet Fedora, the mentees need to follow
the instructions seth posted a few days ago.

They can be found here
http://skvidal.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/changes-at-planet-fedora/

-Yaakov

Old 05-25-2008, 04:22 AM
Mike McGrath

On Sun, 25 May 2008, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:

> On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Eugene Teo <eteo@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> >> With the new process for getting (and staying) on Planet Fedora in
> >> place, how does it affect GSoC-ers ?
> >>
> >> Do we have their blogs on the Planet ? And, do they get FedoraPeople.org
> >> accounts ?
> >
> > Is it possible to waive the requirement that my mentee has to be
> > sponsored to a group other than the CLA group? I remember there were
> > discussion about syndicating our mentees blogs to Planet Fedora?
>
> I'm going to forward this to seth vidal, who is in charge of such
> things, and the Fedora Infrastructure team.
>
> Personally I think that the students/mentees will need access to the
> wiki at some point or another. That can definitely count as a second
> group. I've made it a point for my mentee to have a biography on the
> wiki, and with the new wiki, it has it's own group in FAS.
>
> To actually put a blog on Planet Fedora, the mentees need to follow
> the instructions seth posted a few days ago.
>
> They can be found here
> http://skvidal.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/changes-at-planet-fedora/

My personal feeling is that individuals that want to be on planet really
should be a fedora contributor. The barriers are pretty low (and going
down even more all the time) to contribute.

The question then is, why would someone want to be on Fedora planet but
not be a fedora contributor?

-Mike

Old 05-25-2008, 04:27 AM
Mike McGrath

On Sat, 24 May 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Sun, 25 May 2008, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:

> > > Is it possible to waive the requirement that my mentee has to be
> > > sponsored to a group other than the CLA group? I remember there were
> > > discussion about syndicating our mentees blogs to Planet Fedora?
> >
> > I'm going to forward this to seth vidal, who is in charge of such
> > things, and the Fedora Infrastructure team.
> >
> > Personally I think that the students/mentees will need access to the
> > wiki at some point or another. That can definitely count as a second
> > group. I've made it a point for my mentee to have a biography on the
> > wiki, and with the new wiki, it has it's own group in FAS.
> >
> > To actually put a blog on Planet Fedora, the mentees need to follow
> > the instructions seth posted a few days ago.
> >
> > They can be found here
> > http://skvidal.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/changes-at-planet-fedora/
> >

> My personal feeling is that individuals that want to be on planet really
> should be a fedora contributor. The barriers are pretty low (and going
> down even more all the time) to contribute.
>
> The question then is, why would someone want to be on Fedora planet but
> not be a fedora contributor?

Alternatively, perhaps we should just have an GSoC group? These guys are
technically contributors...

-Mike