Old 05-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Default Wiki Migration (Tuesday 05-26-2008)

Mike McGrath wrote:

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. The wiki is
such a critical piece of Fedora's infrastructure we want to make sure that
after the migration it and everyone gets up to speed as quickly as
possible. Happy wiki-ing!

Answering on this list because it just seems more appropriate:

Assuming I should be editing at http://fp.o/wikinew/ (which I got from
#fedora-admin and didn't find in the announcement mail -maybe worth a
follow-up?);

On the Main_Page (or any other page -that does not yet exist?-), the
link to "edit this page" links to:

http://app1.fedora.phx.redhat.com/w/index.php?title=Main_Page&action=edit

The Edit link on top of existing pages goes well though.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

Old 05-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Mike McGrath

On Sat, 24 May 2008, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> Mike McGrath wrote:
> > Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. The wiki is
> > such a critical piece of Fedora's infrastructure we want to make sure that
> > after the migration it and everyone gets up to speed as quickly as
> > possible. Happy wiki-ing!
> >

> Answering on this list because it just seems more appropriate:
>
> Assuming I should be editing at http://fp.o/wikinew/ (which I got from
> #fedora-admin and didn't find in the announcement mail -maybe worth a
> follow-up?);

/wikinew/ was intentionally left off because its only a pre-migration.
Its difficult to explain to a ton of people that, for example, it just had
to be re-migrated.

> On the Main_Page (or any other page -that does not yet exist?-), the link to
> "edit this page" links to:
>
> http://app1.fedora.phx.redhat.com/w/index.php?title=Main_Page&action=edit
>
> The Edit link on top of existing pages goes well though.

Yep, stuff like that is still being worked out.

-Mike

Old 05-27-2008, 12:47 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello Fedora Universe! It is my pleasure to announce that starting on
> Tuesday http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ will be run by Mediawiki instead
> of Moin. Why bother announcing this to everyone? Well there are a couple
> of reasons.

For people like me who missed the discussion about this move to
Mediawiki it would be nice to see the link. I believe that you made a
right choice and I love Mediawiki but I would just like to see what is
benefits are there with moving to Mediawiki so that I can take
advantage of them.

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 05-27-2008, 02:34 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 14:47 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Hello Fedora Universe! It is my pleasure to announce that starting on
> > Tuesday http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ will be run by Mediawiki instead
> > of Moin. Why bother announcing this to everyone? Well there are a couple
> > of reasons.
>
> For people like me who missed the discussion about this move to
> Mediawiki it would be nice to see the link. I believe that you made a
> right choice and I love Mediawiki but I would just like to see what is
> benefits are there with moving to Mediawiki so that I can take
> advantage of them.

Why are you replying on this list to a message from a different list?
Not everyone is on fedora-announce-list so a reply to a non-existent
message is somewhat disconcerting.

poc

Old 05-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Mike Chambers

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 10:04 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 14:47 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Hello Fedora Universe! It is my pleasure to announce that starting on
> > > Tuesday http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ will be run by Mediawiki instead
> > > of Moin. Why bother announcing this to everyone? Well there are a couple
> > > of reasons.
> >
> > For people like me who missed the discussion about this move to
> > Mediawiki it would be nice to see the link. I believe that you made a
> > right choice and I love Mediawiki but I would just like to see what is
> > benefits are there with moving to Mediawiki so that I can take
> > advantage of them.
>
> Why are you replying on this list to a message from a different list?
> Not everyone is on fedora-announce-list so a reply to a non-existent
> message is somewhat disconcerting.

Has the transition to Mediawiki happened yet or we still on Moin at the
moment?

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302@fedoraproject.org

Old 05-27-2008, 02:55 PM
"Karsten 'quaid' Wade"

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 09:44 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:

> Has the transition to Mediawiki happened yet or we still on Moin at the
> moment?

Neither!

We've been working on the new MediaWiki instance for the last few days
and later today are going to do the final data import of anything that
was modified in Moin since Saturday. At that point we'll send out
another announcement with useful URLs. We are still on target for this
announcement to come out tonight UTC.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41

Old 05-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Jon Masters

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 07:55 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 09:44 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
>
> > Has the transition to Mediawiki happened yet or we still on Moin at the
> > moment?
>
> Neither!
>
> We've been working on the new MediaWiki instance for the last few days
> and later today are going to do the final data import of anything that
> was modified in Moin since Saturday. At that point we'll send out
> another announcement with useful URLs. We are still on target for this
> announcement to come out tonight UTC.

Any idea why it is redirecting to https by default? Seems overkill.

Jon.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:07 PM
"Jon Stanley"

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Jon Masters <jcm@redhat.com> wrote:

> Any idea why it is redirecting to https by default? Seems overkill.

My best guess would be that we're using basic auth - therefore, no
opportunity to redrrect to https for a login page.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Roberto Ragusa

Jon Stanley wrote:

Any idea why it is redirecting to https by default? Seems overkill.

My best guess would be that we're using basic auth - therefore, no
opportunity to redrrect to https for a login page.

If I'm on an http:// page and I click RandomPage, it switches to https.
Can it be avoided?

(I'm visiting as guest)

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it

Old 05-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Tim

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 10:04 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Why are you replying on this list to a message from a different list?
> Not everyone is on fedora-announce-list so a reply to a non-existent
> message is somewhat disconcerting.

I'm guessing, because the announce list sets this list on the reply-to
header because that's what they want you to do. I'm on both, and all
the announce list messages that I see do that.

I read messages from the public lists.