Old 05-21-2008, 09:30 AM
"Dimitris Glezos"

Default Fedora and CIA.vc

I think this was discussed briefly in the past on IRC, having Fedora
listed on http://cia.vc/. CIA is "a real-time window into the open
source world", providing "Real-time open source activity stats" with
active projects, people, commits, etc.

It probably won't provide much added functionality (although its RSS
feeds are handy sometimes eg. [1]), but it'd be good having Fedora on
another contributor/project map. And with the diversity of the
projects hosted on Fedora Hosted, maybe this will bring more
contributors in.

We'll need to add the CIA client script to our versioning systems:

http://cia.vc/doc/clients/

-d

[1]: http://cia.vc/stats/project/kde/amarok

--
Dimitris Glezos
Jabber ID: glezos@jabber.org, GPG: 0xA5A04C3B

Old 05-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Dimitris Glezos wrote:

I think this was discussed briefly in the past on IRC, having Fedora
listed on http://cia.vc/. CIA is "a real-time window into the open
source world", providing "Real-time open source activity stats" with
active projects, people, commits, etc.

It probably won't provide much added functionality (although its RSS
feeds are handy sometimes eg. [1]), but it'd be good having Fedora on
another contributor/project map. And with the diversity of the
projects hosted on Fedora Hosted, maybe this will bring more
contributors in.

We'll need to add the CIA client script to our versioning systems:

http://cia.vc/doc/clients/

This looks like a good thing to me. Dmitris do you want to get this
setup? I can sponsor you into any additional groups you need to work on
this. (I can put it on my TODO list if you can't, but you know how
those things go :-( )

-Toshio

Old 05-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Luke Macken

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:30:57PM +0300, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> I think this was discussed briefly in the past on IRC, having Fedora
> listed on http://cia.vc/. CIA is "a real-time window into the open
> source world", providing "Real-time open source activity stats" with
> active projects, people, commits, etc.
>
> It probably won't provide much added functionality (although its RSS
> feeds are handy sometimes eg. [1]), but it'd be good having Fedora on
> another contributor/project map. And with the diversity of the
> projects hosted on Fedora Hosted, maybe this will bring more
> contributors in.
>
> We'll need to add the CIA client script to our versioning systems:
>
> http://cia.vc/doc/clients/

+1.

I'm not sure if anyone addressed Mike's concern. Should we run this by
FESCo or The Board ?

luke