-   -   Meeting Agenda Item: New Member Codegerbil (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/712175-meeting-agenda-item-new-member-codegerbil.html)

P L 10-14-2012 01:58 AM

Meeting Agenda Item: New Member Codegerbil

Hello!*I am very pleased and excited to be joining the Bug Zappers team!
*My name is Codegerbil.* My day job is a Systems Analyst, in Tennessee, and the plan is to end up in infrastructure.* I have been using Linux since childhood, and remember using RedHat and Mandrake, back when it was Mandrake. *I have also used Ubuntu and OpenSuse.* My experience with Fedora amounts to a solid week.**However, I installed it*specifically to join Fedora projects.**Most of all, I want to learn and build.*

My skills include bash, java (and junit), some ruby (dealt with minitest), some python, some c++,*and a bit of perl and sql. *My interests include testing code, as well as networking and security.* I also have a couple of years experience with maintaining databases, research, and reporting.* I look forward to learning about infrastructure and working with the team!

*Thank you,Codegerbil*IRC handle: codegerbil*

Kevin Fenzi 10-15-2012 05:19 PM

Meeting Agenda Item: New Member Codegerbil

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:58:36 -0500
P L <codegerbil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am very pleased and excited to be joining the Bug Zappers team!

You mean Infrastructure? ;)

> My name is Codegerbil. My day job is a Systems Analyst, in
> Tennessee, and the plan is to end up in infrastructure. I have been
> using Linux since childhood, and remember using RedHat and Mandrake,
> back when it was Mandrake. I have also used Ubuntu and OpenSuse. My
> experience with Fedora amounts to a solid week. However, I installed
> it specifically to join Fedora projects. Most of all, I want to
> learn and build.

Excellent.

> My skills include bash, java (and junit), some ruby (dealt with
> minitest), some python, some c++, and a bit of perl and sql. My
> interests include testing code, as well as networking and security.
> I also have a couple of years experience with maintaining databases,
> research, and reporting. I look forward to learning about
> infrastructure and working with the team!

Sounds great. Do chime in and introduce yourself on our irc channels on
irc.freenode.net: #fedora-admin, #fedora-apps, #fedora-noc. or in our
next weekly meeting (thursdays).

Welcome.

kevin