-   -   Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Matthew Whittle (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/711080-meeting-agenda-item-introduction-matthew-whittle.html)

Matt Whittle 10-10-2012 03:59 AM

Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Matthew Whittle

Hi everyone,

Here is a little about me.

My
name is Matthew Whittle and I currently work as a senior application
developer at VSP (Vision Service Plan) - it is eye insurance.* I have a
lovely wife and no kids (yet!).* We live in Sacramento California in the
US and I heard about this project through someone at JBoss at the
JavaOne conference in San Francisco.* At my current work I develop
backend services for our membership using Java and Websphere and for fun
I develop games for the iPhone (I have about 8 out now).* I have been
using Fedora at home for about 5 years now.*

I joined this group because I have a desire to build a 3D operating system.* By tomorrow.* Just kidding.* Yes I know that is a huge task but I thought I could start small by making a 3D desktop background...* or maybe I should start even smaller.* But at least you know my short and long term goals.*

My IRC handle I believe is MattWhCaUs (it is the nickname I used)
(by the way, http://www.wikihow.com/Register-a-User-Name-on-Freenode lists IRC at http://webchat.freenode.com/ but it is really http://webchat.freenode.net/*** Later on you can show me how to fix that myself!)

Cool beans - looking forward to hearing from y'all.*

Cheers,

Matthew Whittle

Kevin Fenzi 10-10-2012 06:45 PM

Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Matthew Whittle

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 21:59:24 -0600
Matt Whittle <mattdwhittle@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is a little about me.
>
> My name is Matthew Whittle and I currently work as a senior
> application developer at VSP (Vision Service Plan) - it is eye
> insurance. I have a lovely wife and no kids (yet!). We live in
> Sacramento California in the US and I heard about this project
> through someone at JBoss at the JavaOne conference in San Francisco.
> At my current work I develop backend services for our membership
> using Java and Websphere and for fun I develop games for the iPhone
> (I have about 8 out now). I have been using Fedora at home for about
> 5 years now.

Welcome!

> I joined this group because I have a desire to build a 3D operating
> system. By tomorrow. Just kidding. Yes I know that is a huge task
> but I thought I could start small by making a 3D desktop
> background... or maybe I should start even smaller. But at least
> you know my short and long term goals.

Well, if you are looking at background making, you want the design
team:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team

More in general:
http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora

And if you are looking for system admin/application development for
applications that build and distribute Fedora, i can provide you more
info here.

kevin