Old 06-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Nils Kassube

Default New

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) wrote:
> By the way, when Nils says that you are lazy, I don't think that het
> litterally means that.

No, I really wouldn't claim that anyone is lazy (but me).

> In fact, perhaps it is even better to make a
> (high-res) photo. That way you don't make writing mistakes.

Yeah, that was the idea, but not everybody has a digital camera to take
a photo. And a screen snapshot isn't possible if the machine hangs.
Therefore the option of writing down what's on the screen is still
available. OTOH, even if there are minor writing errors, it is usually
nevertheless possible to find out what is wrong. Although in this case I
would have no idea because it seems to be somewhere along the isolinux
part before the kernel is loaded.

@Marvin: Can you tell us what machine it is that doesn't work
(manufacturer / model)?

Nils

Old 06-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Marvin Escobar

Its a toshiba satellite l505d s983
Im sorry but i dont really get what you guys say about (high-res) photo. I dont get that sorry

Old 06-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Nils Kassube

Marvin Escobar wrote:
> Its a toshiba satellite l505d s983
> Im sorry but i dont really get what you guys say about (high-res)
> photo. I dont get that sorry

In your previous mails you wrote that instead of the screen where you
can select language etc., you see several error messages. My suggestion
was that you write down these messages and post the messages to the list
(or if that would be a long list you could upload it to e.g.
<http://pastebin.com/> and post a link here). That might help us find
out what the problem is. As an alternative to writing down a lot of
messages you could take a photo of those messages with a digital camera
and upload the picture to <http://picpaste.com/> and then post a link to
that picture to this list. Either way, it might help to find out where
your machine freezes and what could be done to overcome the problem.

Nils

Old 06-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Robert Holtzman

Uuuuuhhhhh, no. It's http://ubuntu.pastebin.com

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279

Old 06-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Christopher Chan

On Wednesday, June 02, 2010 08:32 AM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 09:56:32PM +0800, Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
>>
>> I think it's http://pastebin.ubuntu.com
>
> Uuuuuhhhhh, no. It's http://ubuntu.pastebin.com

Oh...the Ubuntu Pastebin not good enough so we need to use pastebin.com?

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/443066/

:-p

Old 06-02-2010, 01:28 AM
NoOp

On 06/01/2010 05:32 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 09:56:32PM +0800, Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
>>
>> I think it's http://pastebin.ubuntu.com
>
> Uuuuuhhhhh, no. It's http://ubuntu.pastebin.com

Ummm no... you can change to http://holtzman.pastebin.com/ and it will
provide the same page you provided.

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com
is the proper link for Ubuntu's own pastebin page... try it.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Robert Holtzman

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 06:28:07PM -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 06/01/2010 05:32 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 09:56:32PM +0800, Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
> >>
> >> I think it's http://pastebin.ubuntu.com
> >
> > Uuuuuhhhhh, no. It's http://ubuntu.pastebin.com
> >

> Ummm no... you can change to http://holtzman.pastebin.com/ and it will
> provide the same page you provided.

It looks like there are a number of combinations that get you to the
same place. When I ran the initial search for "pastebin"
http://ubuntu.pastebin.com was one that came up so that's the one i
bookmarked.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279

Old 06-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Fred Roller

Marvin,

*** After your bios info leaves try hitting "Esc" (escape key) and will
hopefully drop you to an "earlier" install menu that we know has some
options you can try.* Laptops, in my experience, tend to hang because
of apci settings.* Let us know if you get this listed menu options that
looks like this:

***
http://images.howtoforge.com/images/the_perfect_desktop_ubuntu7.04/1.jpg

If so, we can try some things.