Old 09-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Frank Murphy

Default OT: block an email domian

Need some help.
How do I block an email addressdomain from posting to list.
noreply+3889835834@badoo.com

Have put: *@badoo.com
Privacy >
List of non-member addresses whose postings will be automatically discarded.
> Discard.

Is the widcard correct method?

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 09-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On 27 September 2012 08:10, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> Need some help.
> How do I block an email addressdomain from posting to list.
> noreply+3889835834@badoo.com
>
> Have put: *@badoo.com
> Privacy >
> List of non-member addresses whose postings will be automatically discarded.
> > Discard.
>
> Is the widcard correct method?

No idea.. need more information... which list, are we talking mailman? etc etc.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."

Old 09-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Dimitris Glaros

You can block domain IP from /etc/hosts.deny

Old 09-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Frank Murphy

How do I block an email addressdomain from posting to list.
noreply+3889835834@badoo.com

Have put: *@badoo.com
Privacy >
List of non-member addresses whose postings will be automatically discarded.
> Discard.

Is the widcard correct method?

No idea.. need more information... which list, are we talking mailman? etc etc.

Sorry need more coffee before posting.

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 09-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Todd Zullinger

Frank Murphy wrote:

How do I block an email addressdomain from posting to list.
noreply+3889835834@badoo.com

Have put: *@badoo.com
Privacy >
List of non-member addresses whose postings will be automatically discarded.
> Discard.

Is the widcard correct method?

No idea.. need more information... which list, are we talking mailman? etc etc.

Sorry need more coffee before posting.

The field is a either a full address string or a regular expression
(denoted by starting the line with ^, per the instructions). So
*@badoo.com isn't what you want. This should do what you want:

^.*@badoo.com

Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Frank Murphy

The field is a either a full address string or a regular expression
(denoted by starting the line with ^, per the instructions). So
*@badoo.com isn't what you want. This should do what you want:

^.*@badoo.com

Thanks for that Todd,

Frank