Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Infrastructure (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/)
-   -   Security fad scheduling (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/702891-security-fad-scheduling.html)

Kevin Fenzi 09-11-2012 06:32 PM

Security fad scheduling
 
So, our security FAD as it's currently scheduled is in Fedora 18
release week. ;)

Please see:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Infrastructure_Security_2012

Now it may be that we slip a bit more for F18, and if so, it would mean
that the FAD is in final freeze (unless we slip more than 2 more
weeks). Doing the auth changes and other things we would like to do at
the FAD might be anoying when trying to keep things stable for final
release.

So, I'd like to ask folks who are thinking of attending, would:

2012-11-05 to 2012-11-08

work as alternate dates? That would put us before final freeze, and
unless Beta slipped 2 or more weeks we would be out of freeze.

Thoughts? Also, anyone thinking of attending, could you update your
info in the table with current costs, etc?

kevin
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure

Stephen John Smoogen 09-11-2012 06:57 PM

Security fad scheduling
 
On 11 September 2012 12:32, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> So, our security FAD as it's currently scheduled is in Fedora 18
> release week. ;)
>
> Please see:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Infrastructure_Security_2012
>
> Now it may be that we slip a bit more for F18, and if so, it would mean
> that the FAD is in final freeze (unless we slip more than 2 more
> weeks). Doing the auth changes and other things we would like to do at
> the FAD might be anoying when trying to keep things stable for final
> release.
>
> So, I'd like to ask folks who are thinking of attending, would:
>
> 2012-11-05 to 2012-11-08
>
> work as alternate dates? That would put us before final freeze, and
> unless Beta slipped 2 or more weeks we would be out of freeze.

I honestly am going to bet on Alpha slipping one more week and Beta
slipping 1-2. This is going to be one of THOSE releases and we might
as well decide we are going to do the FAD during a freeze or schedule
it after the release.

> Thoughts? Also, anyone thinking of attending, could you update your
> info in the table with current costs, etc?
>
> kevin
>
> _______________________________________________
> infrastructure mailing list
> infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure



--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."
Linus Torvalds
"Years ago my mother used to say to me,... Elwood, you must be oh
so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I
recommend pleasant. You may quote me." —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure

Kevin Fenzi 09-12-2012 05:37 PM

Security fad scheduling
 
On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:57:14 -0600
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 September 2012 12:32, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> > So, our security FAD as it's currently scheduled is in Fedora 18
> > release week. ;)
> >
> > Please see:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Infrastructure_Security_2012
> >
> > Now it may be that we slip a bit more for F18, and if so, it would
> > mean that the FAD is in final freeze (unless we slip more than 2
> > more weeks). Doing the auth changes and other things we would like
> > to do at the FAD might be anoying when trying to keep things stable
> > for final release.
> >
> > So, I'd like to ask folks who are thinking of attending, would:
> >
> > 2012-11-05 to 2012-11-08
> >
> > work as alternate dates? That would put us before final freeze, and
> > unless Beta slipped 2 or more weeks we would be out of freeze.
>
> I honestly am going to bet on Alpha slipping one more week and Beta
> slipping 1-2. This is going to be one of THOSE releases and we might
> as well decide we are going to do the FAD during a freeze or schedule
> it after the release.

Optimist! :)

so, since no one replied that the above dates would work as well as or
better than the others, I guess we should just suck it up and stuck to
the end of nov dates.

If we are in freeze then, then we are and we either use staging for all
our setup and testing (which we probibly want to do anyhow), and/or get
freeze breaks to implement parts of it as needed.

I guess thats the best way forward.

If everyone who wishes to attend could make sure that their cost info
is updated that would assist me in gathering up costs and such. Please
do so asap.

kevin
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure

Stephen John Smoogen 09-12-2012 05:59 PM

Security fad scheduling
 
On 12 September 2012 11:37, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
te dates? That would put us before final freeze, and
>> > unless Beta slipped 2 or more weeks we would be out of freeze.
>>
>> I honestly am going to bet on Alpha slipping one more week and Beta
>> slipping 1-2. This is going to be one of THOSE releases and we might
>> as well decide we are going to do the FAD during a freeze or schedule
>> it after the release.
>
> Optimist! :)
>
> so, since no one replied that the above dates would work as well as or
> better than the others, I guess we should just suck it up and stuck to
> the end of nov dates.
>
> If we are in freeze then, then we are and we either use staging for all
> our setup and testing (which we probibly want to do anyhow), and/or get
> freeze breaks to implement parts of it as needed.

Actually I was thinking of putting it in the cloud. This should allow
for 2-3 versions if needed to work around and it would be completely
clear of our other networks so should not interfere.


> I guess thats the best way forward.
>
> If everyone who wishes to attend could make sure that their cost info
> is updated that would assist me in gathering up costs and such. Please
> do so asap.
>
> kevin
>
> _______________________________________________
> infrastructure mailing list
> infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure



--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."
Linus Torvalds
"Years ago my mother used to say to me,... Elwood, you must be oh
so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I
recommend pleasant. You may quote me." —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:22 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.