FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Infrastructure

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 AM
vipin kumar
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Vipin Kumar

Hello folks!

I'm Vipin from Computer Science & Engineering background, IIT-BHU. I worked for a Telecommunication company CDOT India, as a Research Engineer, for three years.* More about me -

IRC handle :_love_hurts_


Skills : auto-tools, C/C++, gdb, RPM packaging, Documentation, Software development in SunOS
Interested In:

--
Vipin K.

_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 09-03-2012, 07:49 AM
vipin kumar
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Vipin Kumar

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM, vipin kumar <vipinkumar41@gmail.com> wrote:


Hello folks!

I'm Vipin from Computer Science & Engineering background, IIT-BHU. I worked for a Telecommunication company CDOT India, as a Research Engineer, for three years.* More about me -

IRC handle : _love_hurts_



Skills : auto-tools, C/C++, gdb, RPM packaging, Documentation, Software development in SunOS
Interested In: Smolts fedora application

Thanks & Regards,



--
Vipin K.



--
Vipin K.

_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 09-03-2012, 11:16 AM
vipin kumar
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Vipin Kumar

Hi again!

one thing I forgot to mension that as of now I'm not working for any company. So, I can work for around 20 hrs a week. And if I get work related to Datastructures, Algorithms, C/C++, Networking..then I can work upto 40 hrs a week .



Regards,

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM, vipin kumar <vipinkumar41@gmail.com> wrote:




On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM, vipin kumar <vipinkumar41@gmail.com> wrote:



Hello folks!

I'm Vipin from Computer Science & Engineering background, IIT-BHU. I worked for a Telecommunication company CDOT India, as a Research Engineer, for three years.* More about me -

IRC handle : _love_hurts_




Skills : auto-tools, C/C++, gdb, RPM packaging, Documentation, Software development in SunOS
Interested In: Smolts fedora application

Thanks & Regards,




--
Vipin K.



--
Vipin K.



--
Vipin K.

_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 09-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Vipin Kumar

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 16:46:48 +0530
vipin kumar <vipinkumar41@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> one thing I forgot to mension that as of now I'm not working for any
> company. So, I can work for around 20 hrs a week. And if I get work
> related to Datastructures, Algorithms, C/C++, Networking..then I can
> work upto 40 hrs a week .

Welcome!

We don't do much C/C++ work. On the sysadmin side of things we use
python and puppet and such. On the application development side of
things, most of the apps we develop are using various of the python
frameworks: TurboGears2, pyramid, flask.

I gather you are more intested in the development side of the house?

> Regards,

kevin
--
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM, vipin kumar <vipinkumar41@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM, vipin kumar
> > <vipinkumar41@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Hello folks!
> >>
> >> I'm Vipin from Computer Science & Engineering background, IIT-BHU.
> >> I worked for a Telecommunication company CDOT India, as a Research
> >> Engineer, for three years. More about me -
> >>
> >> IRC handle : _love_hurts_
> >> Skills : auto-tools, C/C++, gdb, RPM packaging, Documentation,
> >> Software development in SunOS
> >> Interested In: Smolts fedora application
> >>
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Vipin K.
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Vipin K.
> >
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 09-03-2012, 07:49 PM
vipin kumar
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Vipin Kumar

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:


On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 16:46:48 +0530

vipin kumar <vipinkumar41@gmail.com> wrote:



> Hi again!

>

> one thing I forgot to mension that as of now I'm not working for any

> company. So, I can work for around 20 hrs a week. And if I get work

> related to Datastructures, Algorithms, C/C++, Networking..then I can

> work upto 40 hrs a week .



Welcome!

thank you Kevin!



We don't do much C/C++ work. On the sysadmin side of things we use

python and puppet and such.thats fine. Maybe Python and Puppet are more appropriate technologies for project under consideration.


On the application development side of

things, most of the apps we develop are using various of the python

frameworks: TurboGears2, pyramid, flask.
as of now I don't possess any working experience to these frameworks neither in Python language as such. But I'm interested and ready to learn. And during my learning phase, I would like to help solve non-development issues however. It will be nice to know which one to pick first for learning. I assume it will be Python language to explore first.





I gather you are more intested in the development side of the house?
as a Software Engineer, I love to do anything and everything related to software engineering. But I may be more productive in solving problems which come under my field of expertise. So I would be more inclined towards such problems.



Please let me know about any kind of mistake I make, whether it is spelling mistake or grammatical or technical.

thanks & regards,





> Regards,



kevin

--

> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM, vipin kumar <vipinkumar41@gmail.com>

> wrote:

>

> >

> >

> > On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM, vipin kumar

> > <vipinkumar41@gmail.com>wrote:

> >

> >> Hello folks!

> >>

> >> I'm Vipin from Computer Science & Engineering background, IIT-BHU.

> >> I worked for a Telecommunication company CDOT India, as a Research

> >> Engineer, for three years. *More about me -

> >>

> >> IRC handle : _love_hurts_

> >> Skills : auto-tools, C/C++, gdb, RPM packaging, Documentation,

> >> Software development in SunOS

> >> Interested In: Smolts fedora application

> >>

> >

> > Thanks & Regards,

> >

> >>

> >>

> >> --

> >> Vipin K.

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Vipin K.

> >

>

>

>




_______________________________________________

infrastructure mailing list

infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure


--
Vipin K.


Research Engineer,
C-DOTB, India

_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 09-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Vipin Kumar

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 01:19:25 +0530
vipin kumar <vipinkumar41@gmail.com> wrote:

...snip...

> >
> > We don't do much C/C++ work. On the sysadmin side of things we use
> > python and puppet and such.
>
> thats fine. Maybe Python and Puppet are more appropriate technologies
> for project under consideration.

Learning anything can be good. Just depends on where your tastes
are.
>
> > On the application development side of
> > things, most of the apps we develop are using various of the python
> > frameworks: TurboGears2, pyramid, flask.
> >
> as of now I don't possess any working experience to these frameworks
> neither in Python language as such. But I'm interested and ready to
> learn. And during my learning phase, I would like to help solve
> non-development issues however. It will be nice to know which one to
> pick first for learning. I assume it will be Python language to
> explore first.

Yeah, we are pretty heavily python based here.

> > I gather you are more intested in the development side of the house?
> >
> as a Software Engineer, I love to do anything and everything related
> to software engineering. But I may be more productive in solving
> problems which come under my field of expertise. So I would be more
> inclined towards such problems.
>
> Please let me know about any kind of mistake I make, whether it is
> spelling mistake or grammatical or technical.

Sure thing.

> thanks & regards,

kevin
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:44 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org