-   -   clear pkgs01 cgit cache (post +1's) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/698730-clear-pkgs01-cgit-cache-post-1s.html)

Ricky Elrod 08-29-2012 06:43 AM

clear pkgs01 cgit cache (post +1's)

I just worked with puiterwijk on IRC to fix this infra ticket:

I forgot to get +1's, and would like to make up for it by asking for
them now.

All I did was:

mkdir /root/cgit-cache-20120829/
mv /var/cache/cgit/* /root/cgit-cache-20120829/

and checked that things still worked, then closed the ticket.

Sorry for not checking in advanced.

-Ricky

Kevin Fenzi 08-29-2012 02:52 PM

clear pkgs01 cgit cache (post +1's)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 02:43:44 -0400
Ricky Elrod <codeblock@elrod.me> wrote:

> I just worked with puiterwijk on IRC to fix this infra ticket:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3455
>
> I forgot to get +1's, and would like to make up for it by asking for
> them now.
>
> All I did was:
>
> mkdir /root/cgit-cache-20120829/
> mv /var/cache/cgit/* /root/cgit-cache-20120829/
>
> and checked that things still worked, then closed the ticket.
>
> Sorry for not checking in advanced.

I don't know that this needs +1's, as it was a 'outage' of sorts... ;)

But +1 anyhow.

Thanks for looking into it.

kevin

Toshio Kuratomi 08-29-2012 03:03 PM

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 08:52:30AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 02:43:44 -0400
> Ricky Elrod <codeblock@elrod.me> wrote:
>
> > I just worked with puiterwijk on IRC to fix this infra ticket:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3455
> >
> > I forgot to get +1's, and would like to make up for it by asking for
> > them now.
> >
> > All I did was:
> >
> > mkdir /root/cgit-cache-20120829/
> > mv /var/cache/cgit/* /root/cgit-cache-20120829/
> >
> > and checked that things still worked, then closed the ticket.
> >
> > Sorry for not checking in advanced.
>
> I don't know that this needs +1's, as it was a 'outage' of sorts... ;)
>
> But +1 anyhow.

+1

It might also be considered as working with the data on the system rather
than changing the system itself.

Always nice to get a heads up about what's happening though.

-Toshio