-   -   status.fedoraproject.org (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/698640-status-fedoraproject-org.html)

Kevin Fenzi 08-28-2012 09:41 PM

status.fedoraproject.org

I'm about ready to announce status.fedoraproject.org for folks to start
using.

If everyone could take a minute and check out the current version and
see if there are services we forgot, or services we should remove or
wording we should change, that would be great.

http://status.fedoraproject.org/

or for rss:

http://status.fedoraproject.org/changes.rss

Thanks for any feedback.

I'll probably announce tomorrow pending any stoppers...

kevin

Stephen John Smoogen 08-28-2012 09:42 PM

status.fedoraproject.org

On 28 August 2012 15:41, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> I'm about ready to announce status.fedoraproject.org for folks to start
> using.
>
> If everyone could take a minute and check out the current version and
> see if there are services we forgot, or services we should remove or
> wording we should change, that would be great.
>
> http://status.fedoraproject.org/
>
> or for rss:
>
> http://status.fedoraproject.org/changes.rss
>
> Thanks for any feedback.

Works for me. I got the rss feeds over the weekend and everything.

> I'll probably announce tomorrow pending any stoppers...
>
> kevin

Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."
Linus Torvalds
recommend pleasant. You may quote me." —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd

Bruno Wolff III 08-28-2012 09:52 PM

status.fedoraproject.org

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 15:41:31 -0600,
I'm about ready to announce status.fedoraproject.org for folks to start
using.

If everyone could take a minute and check out the current version and
see if there are services we forgot, or services we should remove or
wording we should change, that would be great.

Is there any intent to cover bugzilla? I thought this since there was an
actual outage today.

Kevin Fenzi 08-28-2012 10:05 PM

status.fedoraproject.org

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:52:28 -0500
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 15:41:31 -0600,
> Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> >I'm about ready to announce status.fedoraproject.org for folks to
> >start using.
> >
> >If everyone could take a minute and check out the current version and
> >see if there are services we forgot, or services we should remove or
> >wording we should change, that would be great.
>
> Is there any intent to cover bugzilla? I thought this since there was
> an actual outage today.

Well, we could add it, but the thing is that we have no control over it
or anything to do with it's administration. So, the first we hear about
problems are when someone asks us. We do sometimes hear about scheduled
maint/scheduled downtime, so I suppose that might be worthwhile...

I fear it might lead to people asking us admin type questions about
bugzilla, to which we would have to say we don't run it. ;(

kevin

Stephen John Smoogen 08-29-2012 01:51 AM

status.fedoraproject.org

On 28 August 2012 15:52, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 15:41:31 -0600,
> Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm about ready to announce status.fedoraproject.org for folks to start
>> using.
>>
>> If everyone could take a minute and check out the current version and
>> see if there are services we forgot, or services we should remove or
>> wording we should change, that would be great.
>

> Is there any intent to cover bugzilla? I thought this since there was an
> actual outage today.

I would say no. We don't run the service and outages with it are
outside our perview of knowing what is going on with it.. at best we
would just sya "its down" and hours later when someone said it was
working again change it to "its working again."