-   -   Freeze break request: allow private cloud to use unbound instances for recursive dns (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/697044-freeze-break-request-allow-private-cloud-use-unbound-instances-recursive-dns.html)

Stephen John Smoogen 08-23-2012 03:54 PM

On 23 August 2012 09:34, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'd like to request a freeze break to allow our unbound instances to
> serve recursive dns to our private cloud instances. They need an
> external dns server to do this and I think it's safer to let unbound do
> this than our bind servers.

+1

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."

Toshio Kuratomi 08-23-2012 04:04 PM

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 09:54:22AM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 23 August 2012 09:34, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I'd like to request a freeze break to allow our unbound instances to
> > serve recursive dns to our private cloud instances. They need an
> > external dns server to do this and I think it's safer to let unbound do
> > this than our bind servers.
>
> +1

+1

Christos Triantafyllidis 08-24-2012 07:19 AM

Freeze break request: allow private cloud to use unbound instances for recursive dns

Minor comment,* *at*modules/unbound/files/unbound.conf you have this line:
interface: 0.0.0.0@53* *both hashed and unhashed (at least at the patch you sent).

Cheers,Christos

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 09:54:22AM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On 23 August 2012 09:34, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:

> > Greetings.

> > I'd like to request a freeze break to allow our unbound instances to

> > serve recursive dns to our private cloud instances. They need an

> > external dns server to do this and I think it's safer to let unbound do

> > this than our bind servers.

> +1

+1

Kevin Fenzi 08-24-2012 03:18 PM

Freeze break request: allow private cloud to use unbound instances for recursive dns

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:19:46 +0300
Christos Triantafyllidis <christos.triantafyllidis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Minor comment,
> at modules/unbound/files/unbound.conf you have this line:
> interface: 0.0.0.0@53
> both hashed and unhashed (at least at the patch you sent).

Yeah. Could nuke the old one. I will queue that up for after freeze.

> Cheers,
> Christos

kevin